Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello from me here in sunny Cyprus. I am in the process of building a drift MX5 for use here ( the sport is not here yet !) In all of this maddness I am fitting a Toyota supra M7-GTE single turbo motor/box etc. The engine is all lined up now, the fabrication of the x-member/wishbone is layed out although waiting for a second hand wishbone from the UK via the good folk at Autolink.co.uk as mine has had some damage in the past. Once that is here, the new mounts will be welded in ready for fitting. The bulkhead is out, the tunnel is out, the axles are off and the shell is about to be spit rolled to allow for some serious chassis bracing. All that is sorted and planned. The area I am having thoughts about is the rear diff. The 7M-GTE produces as its standard at the moment around 235BHP with 254 ibs torue. My MX was originaly a 'Moss motots' super charged edition and has loads of mods as well as what I think is an LSD but there is some confusion here. Doing the normal tests by turning one wheel and seeing if the other turns, it doesnt? so next I turned the prop flange, both wheels move, next I locked one wheel and turned the flange, yep the wheel turned, tried the same the other way round and yes no problem it turns, locked one wheel, held the othe and turned the flange and the held wheel turned the slowly as if turning against a spring, locks ? now Im confussed. I assume that there is a limie in there, the next stage is to split the diff and find out whats going on. The main concern is regardless of this diff is that I need a diff that will take the power and torque. Autolink surgest (and I am sure they are right) a 'Torsen 1.8 LSD but I need to find some data on this to be sure and not waste a load of cash if it breaks. Do any of you have any info on the diffs and data, any thing will be of great help.
Great forum, Im not sure how to post pics yet, will send some when I find out how.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.