Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been watching this forum for a few months, since I discovered Barry Spiers' mini sc build thread. I joined but did not post much since I do know a very little. Been meaning to post some pictures of my car but could not link them from facebook

please forgive me for posting low quality pics but those were what was available a few minutes ago.

About me I'm a car enthusiast, I have had an uno turbo for the past 5 years but have stopped using it since I got the 5. Although the car has some issues, mainly OOMPH its a very nice car to drive and I've enjoyed driving it everytime for the past year, considering that we get a LOT of nice weather here

One last thing, a great big thanks for all of you who post up detailed build threads of their cars, I can only recall kfc on the top of my head, you give people like me the courage to make their car go and look better.

I guess thats enough for now, a few piccies for you to see.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Car looks great

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers All!! the only thing is the car is dying for a supercharger...alas due to financial woes,I'll have to put that off for now. I have a little question, clonks and squeals are coming from the front suspension(on uneven surfaces), any ideas what they could be?

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Nice car, welcome to nutz

Regarding the supercharger - get one, you wont regret it!!
Regarding the clonks and squeeks - Could be the suspension or worn bushes......
Barry

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks barry

re the charger theres only one problem, the roads here are FLAT, no grip at all, and I'm afraid that I'll end up crashing the car with the extra power.

A few moons ago, during the morning traffic, a ford ka suddenly stopped, it was abt 15 feet ahead of me, roads were dry and the 5 skidded to inches to the ka's back. So the extra 70 bhp might get me killed!

but I'd still end up doing it some time or other! I would deffo need to buy the brackets and stuff coz I am by no means into fabricating. If I do it'll probably turn out more expensive than the JR!

Nice car, welcome to nutz

Regarding the supercharger - get one, you wont regret it!!
Regarding the clonks and squeeks - Could be the suspension or worn bushes......
Barry

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just bought Clement's wheels and been lowered a while ago, will try to take some pics this weekend and upload

·
Registered
680 Posts
pic taken last week, prior to fitting enkeis

took a pic today with new wheels but the sd card seems corrupted :/

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Thats one tidy car you got there

I will have to keep an eye out for your motor when i go to Malta in June

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for the time you may be here, it may not leave the garage lol. when are you coming in june? is it your first time?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
doh

I think its the 7th without looking on the calender - its my second time, love the place but also have family history there

What happened to the Maltese club? i spotted a few over there last time and one had a sticker on it but i couldnt find the club when i returned to the uk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
erm gimme a sec, they have a google group now

7th :/ they meet on the first sunday of the month unless its raining, but june won't I guess

as for me, the time isnt really right as ive got ecxams on the 9th and 13th!

weathers generally good. went to the beach today, bloody boiling already, not an inch of clouds in the sky

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
ahhhh thats what i like to hear
weather ... not the exams

How far have you got with your SC build?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
none :/ I have the bracket ready, built the ms but fooked it up - didnt manage to get the fan to work. so in june i get the ms sorted and probably boost it later on....or maybe get caught up, exams time again and do it in december

problems being - shit roads, a large possibilty of injuring myself, and the fuel prices are not really helping atm :/

but the charger's been on the floor for almost a year :/ so im screwed both ways lol

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Sounds like my build
I bought a house in the early stages and still havent completed it (getting on for 2years?
)

I didnt think the roads were that bad last time i came - but then i was in a hire car and not the 5

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how long u spending here if u dont mind me askin? feel free to pm, maybe we could meet up for a pint!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Pm on its way

1 - 20 of 26 Posts