Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was about time I jumped on the members rides band wagon and show you my MX through the years since I have had her.

The only reason I bought an MX5 was because I needed a cheap run about weeks before christmas as I had just written off my beloved show winning mini

I only planned to own it for a few months and then sell it on, but before I knew it I started to fettle and I fell in love as we all have.

Over 4 years later and she's still here and going nowhere.

I apologise now for a few poor quality photos and a few bad mods along the way

I'll let the pictures do the talking

December 2005

Early 2006

In December 2007 I bought myself a MINI Cooper S for my daily drive and BMW were only going to give me ?500 PX.

Considering I had just spent ?500 on a new roof I wasn't prepared to let her go, so ashamedly the MX got neglected for 6 months and didn't move.

So it was time to either sell or keep and I decided to keep.

So in early 2008 and I sent her off to DandyCars in Ilford for a full respray and sills repaired (Take my advice and AVOID Dandycars, bunch of cowboys)

Anyway she came back looking like this complete with new wheels

Christmas 2008

Mummy and Daddy bought me this

Rolling road day at Surrey Rolling Road with VXROnline.co.uk

Then that brings us to the present day.......

I had gone off the look of my MX, especially the BGW lol

I wanted a smoother look and do away with the fog lights and mud gaurds.

So I bought a S/H rear bumper with no holes off the bay

Rear lip spoiler of off Kirsty (TheDinkyToy) Big thank you
I have since stripped it back and resprayed black.

Another big thank you to Dave off of here for selling me his Ducktail spoiler when he didn't have to.

She is currently in Colchester, Essex having the rear sprayed and badge holes smoothed.

A couple of pictures the guys sent me yesterday

I hope you have enjoyed looking at the pictures and having a giggle. I'll update it as soon as I get it back from the body shop

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I thought it was about time I jumped on the members rides band wagon and show you my MX through the years since I have had her.

The only reason I bought an MX5 was because I needed a cheap run about weeks before christmas as I had just written off my beloved show winning mini

I only planned to own it for a few months and then sell it on, but before I knew it I started to fettle and I fell in love as we all have.

Over 4 years later and she's still here and going nowhere.

I apologise now for a few poor quality photos and a few bad mods along the way

I'll let the pictures do the talking

December 2005

Early 2006

In December 2007 I bought myself a MINI Cooper S for my daily drive and BMW were only going to give me £500 PX.

Considering I had just spent £500 on a new roof I wasn't prepared to let her go, so ashamedly the MX got neglected for 6 months and didn't move.

So it was time to either sell or keep and I decided to keep.

So in early 2008 and I sent her off to DandyCars in Ilford for a full respray and sills repaired (Take my advice and AVOID Dandycars, bunch of cowboys)

Anyway she came back looking like this complete with new wheels

Christmas 2008

Mummy and Daddy bought me this

Rolling road day at Surrey Rolling Road with VXROnline.co.uk

Then that brings us to the present day.......

I had gone off the look of my MX, especially the BGW lol

I wanted a smoother look and do away with the fog lights and mud gaurds.

So I bought a S/H rear bumper with no holes off the bay

Rear lip spoiler of off Kirsty (TheDinkyToy) Big thank you
I have since stripped it back and resprayed black.

Another big thank you to Dave off of here for selling me his Ducktail spoiler when he didn't have to.

She is currently in Colchester, Essex having the rear sprayed and badge holes smoothed.

A couple of pictures the guys sent me yesterday

I hope you have enjoyed looking at the pictures and having a giggle. I'll update it as soon as I get it back from the body shop
looks great ..lovely looking 5 ..will look great when back together ...job very very well done

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks great ..lovely looking 5 ..will look great when back together ...job very very well done
be a devil, go back and edit the picture tags out of your post.

is that the ducktail off the gaby roslin 5 jay?
tom
[/quote]

Gaby Roslin?? lol

I don't think I've been on Nutz long enough to get that joke.

Its off of James' pitcrew via Dave

9,290 Posts
Nice to see my old duck tail spoiler getting sorted. That was another part I should have kept!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
you and me both - he always seems to regret selling them later as well.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
QUICK UPDATE:

I got the MX back on saturday and overall I am really pleased. The colour match is perfect, but me being a perfectionist I'm only 99% happy with the finished result, so it has to go back up to Colchester this weekend to have a couple of things sorted out

On Sunday I fitted my lower lip spoiler (Thanks again Kirsty) that I sprayed myself and I'm rather chuffed with the finish.

Just a couple of quick snaps I took for you all to see, sorry its dirty but I'm not allowed to clean it yet the paintman said

Enjoy

1 - 20 of 411 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.