Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
~
15,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep bizarre accident, luckily there's a nice big run off area there. I did wonder about the wheels supposedly being tethered to the car, but apparently it was the parts that hold the tethers that disintergrated sending two 200mph missiles down the straight

Anyway, looks like McLaren could be on the pace, they've been setting some decent practice times

·
Lets Do It!!!!
2,965 Posts
Reckon there's going to be questions asked, not just about how both wheels came off but you can see from the onboard cam (and later camera footage) that one ofthe wheels clears the safety fence and looks like it nearly missed a spectator.

·
The nutzer formerly known as Fenix
1,579 Posts
I'[ve got to the point where i prefer watching the old races shown on the red button on thursday than this years races. They HAVE to sort overtaking out. Whats the point in Hamilton,Button,Schumacher,Alonso closing in on people at 2 seconds a lap only to get stuck behind with no downforce when they get within a second.

The FIA should have held fast at the start of last year and banned the double diffusers due to not being within the spirit of the rules, regardless of them being technically within the rules.

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
What Sir?
Me Sir?
Dunno what you're talking about Sir....

·
1,579 Posts
I'm still convinced that Hamilton is the better of the 2 drivers. Button has made some lucky calls with tyre changes and they've worked out, but Hamilton has been driving out of his skin all season and not had the results so far that his performances have deserved.

·
1,579 Posts
Button has made some lucky calls with tyre changes and they've worked out,
Lucky or Wise!!!! but isn't using your head as well as the seat of your pants the winning combo.

[/quote]

Yeah strategy is important but most of the races he's won, he's not really had to do much racing has he?

Wise and using your head doesn't always work out. Remember malaysia qualifying where all the wise and experienced teams screwed up?

·
9,153 Posts
hamilton is the better racer. in terms of better driver, i think they are very close. it's a big thing now to be able to look after your tyres especially on a heavy fuel load, and jenson is i think better here (at least when the car is set up well for him). plus his experience comes through at crucial points.

on a side note, how do i get home?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.