Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello everybody.
In today's video, I bring you the leak test I did on the VVT that I'm preparing to mount the turbo.
I also explain the difference between the leak test and the compression test.
I hope you like it and that it is useful to you.
See you soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In today's video, I continue to work on my 1.8VVT engine to prepare it for the turbo.
In this video, I show how I removed the cylinder head and inspected the upper part of the block.
I hope you like it and it's useful to you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In today's video, I continue to work on my 1.8VVT engine to prepare it for the turbo.
In this video, I show how I removed the oil pan, caps, pistons and crankshaft. The block is now ready to be prepared.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello everybody.
In this video I show how I prepared the engine block both from the outside and from the inside.
We are getting closer and closer to starting the assembly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In today's vídeo I bring the preparation of the cylinder head. I hand port the intake and exhaust, clean and resurface by hand the head, clean, measure, lap and reinstall the valves. I have now the head ready to go back to the engine. Hoppe this one is useful and you like it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi.
Today I clean a lot of stuff in the ultrasonic cleaner, gapped and installed the piston rings, drilled the oil pan, manufactured and welded the accessory for the turbo oil return line, and more.
Hope you guys like this.
We are really close to starting the engine assembly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi.
New video on the channel.
In this one, I assemble the main components of the engine.
Crankshaft with new bearings, piston with piston rings gapped cylinder by cylinder, head gasket and cylinder head torqued in place.
Hope you guys enjoy it, and it can be somehow useful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi. New video at the VVTurbo build series.
Today I did the final assembly of the engine in the stand.
The list includes:
Intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust manifold, engine mounts, water pump inlet flange, crank pulley, water pump pulley, alternator, turbo oil line, knock sensor spark plugs, coils, and more.
I hope it can help you.
We are really close to having it back in the car. 🤞

1 - 12 of 12 Posts