Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
281 - 289 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
It could of been a disaster!

Ok so I need to update this. I've been driving it around and it's noticeably more powerful low down that the old engine. Also it seems to be better on fuel, but it's still got problems. It won't rev over 5000rpm under load. I think it's something to do with the ecu modifications. I've got to wait for chris at Phoenix to take a look inside the ecu and see what's going on. So I feel now I can't finish jobs of properly until it's running spot on.
Anyway I gave it a much needed good clean this weekend.

899CB985-4101-466A-92BD-01A5FAB7B3DB_zps
0ECFD27C-E036-40FC-A479-965B96DE3D05_zps
50F6F7F4-CCA7-48A6-9D4B-178D1ABDECAA_zps
1241A629-2E58-4F6E-A0E2-91DB761AD7A3_zps

Hopefully we will get it Reving to 6500 and I'll be hitting some shows then with it.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Great car, stunning conversion.

I'm sure you heard it before but if you ever feel like selling it let me know. Would absolutely love to own this car, and if you ever fancy an RS Ltd complete with Recaro's, BBS alloys and a Begi turbo maybe we could do a deal. Just sayin' :)

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Ok so I need to update this. I've been driving it around and it's noticeably more powerful low down that the old engine. Also it seems to be better on fuel, but it's still got problems. It won't rev over 5000rpm under load. I think it's something to do with the ecu modifications. I've got to wait for chris at Phoenix to take a look inside the ecu and see what's going on.
Thanks Matt
Chris Taylor I presume, he's just sorted an ECU issue on my 3UZ engine swapped IS200 - it's a fantastic engine and the IS200 weighs 1350kg so yours will be even better !

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've loved reading this build, and it has inspired me to build one myself.

I've just got 1 question that I couldn't see an answer for in the thread, but it might be me being a numpty and not seeing it.

What did you have to do to get the dash to work with the engine and box?

Cheers Frank.

·
yohohoho and a bottle of rum
1,656 Posts
I really love those Tracklites!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Matt,
I've got my NB 1uz up and running/driving now, just got to do a bit of MOT welding and should be on the road, one question what front springs did you use or did you use coil overs? I want to keep the stock suspension as it is not very old but with the extra weight the front has gone down approx 2ins, I'm not sure of spring rates etc, Thanks Ian

281 - 289 of 289 Posts