Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well ?4000 might be a bit steep but ?3000 would be attractive. Is he having a laugh? Probably not. The Rs is a rare beastie and is a cracking drive, Bilsteins and 6 speed box and a few other tweeks. I had one of these in last year and I can tell you that they are a properly quick car, head and shoulders above your average 1.8. Very under-rated car.

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Eyes left

The wheels are wrong and it does look to be ridding a little high for an RS

As always it's a spec level rather than a limited edition.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The mk2 RS are only 145 bhp instead of the 160bhp as they dont have the VVT engines. I got all excited when I thought the one I had bought had 160bhp but after alot of web browsing I found it doesnt and is in fact 145.....

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
The mk2 RS are only 145 bhp instead of the 160bhp as they dont have the VVT engines. I got all excited when I thought the one I had bought had 160bhp but after alot of web browsing I found it doesnt and is in fact 145.....
Yep was going to add that the 160 figure is only for the MK2.5 RS/Mazdaspeed. Were the VVT has been tuned for power rather than emissions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like a tidy example.

Owning an RS myself and having had three MK2 RS's in the last few years it is at the correct ride height for a RS mk2.

Got say the price is a little high at ?4k but if the the reserve is nearer three two fifty then it looks OK.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yep was going to add that the 160 figure is only for the MK2.5 RS/Mazdaspeed. Were the VVT has been tuned for power rather than emissions.
[/quote]

The Mazdaspeed lost the VVT in favour of the BP4W engine from the 1999-2000 Mk 2s, didn't it?

http://949racing.com/mazdaspeedmiataintakecam.aspx

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
[/quote]

The Mazdaspeed lost the VVT in favour of the BP4W engine from the 1999-2000 Mk 2s, didn't it?

[/quote]

There was a JDM Mazdaspeed MK2.5 uber rare and normally aspirated (Dandy Cars had one a while back) rather than the US/Oz Market "mazdaspeed" turbo, Which did indeed use the 4W with the addition of the JDM cam (which is fitted to RSs).

·
Registered
344 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

There was a JDM Mazdaspeed MK2.5 uber rare and normally aspirated (Dandy Cars had one a while back) rather than the US/Oz Market "mazdaspeed" turbo, Which did indeed use the 4W with the addition of the JDM cam (which is fitted to RSs).
[/quote]

It was this one ...

Does the RS have 160 Bhp, I don't think so but it is quicker than the standard 1.8

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.