Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just bought a G-ltd, it's my 6th mx5 but not had a MK1 import for over 15 yrs. This one has an aftermarket immobilizer with a touch sensor, think it's laser line. So, touch the sensor, put the ignition on and I get a buzzer sounding, start car, buzzer stops. If I open a door the buzzer sounds, seems to be linked to the door and not seatbelt or lights on. Has someone wired it up wrong? Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
I seem to remember one of my early imports had a door buzzer which I had disconnected?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll do the same, thought it should only sound door open with the lights on rather than all the time! Thanks

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,523 Posts
Both my Mk.1 imports had seatbelt buzzers that sounded for a few seconds if you started up without putting your belt on, and unplugging the seatbelt wires not only silenced that but disabled the odd and annoying seatbelt relaxers. They didn't have a lights-on warning though I wondered if the seatbelt warning could be repurposed...

·
Registered
995 Posts
I used my seatbelt buzzer as a lights on warning, comes on when you turn off the ignition with lights still on. Simple mod.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know where the buzzer is to save me looking it up? Cheers

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,523 Posts
It's one of 3 clipped to a bracket above the pedals. If you can't tell which one it is, it buzzes. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Both my Mk.1 imports had seatbelt buzzers that sounded for a few seconds if you started up without putting your belt on, and unplugging the seatbelt wires not only silenced that but disabled the odd and annoying seatbelt relaxers. They didn't have a lights-on warning though I wondered if the seatbelt warning could be repurposed...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts