Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Nice track footage, what time were you out, I was in a few sessions and wondered if we were in any of the same?

Don't part with it. So many people do due to space, or loosing interest for a bit, but they always regret it sooner or later and then finding a replacement that's as clean never really happens.
I was on the 9am and the 10:30am sessions.

Didn't get any footage of the 10:30am as my GoPro died. Doesn't have a great battery. I spent pretty much that whole session stuck behind an Audi TT though. It was quite frustrating really, I was clearly faster than him/her in the corners, but the little Eunos engine couldn't pass on the straights - it would have needed a little compliance from the driver in front. In the end I squeezed passed when we were being collectively overtook, but only had 2 or 3 clear laps.

I've no plans to sell it, but I can see why some do. It's doing very little miles at the moment. But I know I'd regret it, so it's staying put.

I'm at JDMcombe this Saturday, but in the Scoob this time. No track time, just spectating.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 · (Edited)
The previous owner of my car just recently contacted me, which prompted me to revisit this thread and what I've done with the car over the years.

Nearly two years since I've posted anything. A lot has happened in the world since then!

Still just driving and enjoying the car. Doing bits of maintenance here and there but no new mods, in fact I've stripped a few off. Sold my Rays on a bit of whim and honestly regret it slightly. However, the car drives really well on the daises.

I also took out the bucket seats and raised up the coilovers a few inches. Overall the car is much nicer to drive like this. I've held onto the seats and may use them for track days in the future.

I'd quite like a set of the Gold BBSs (as seen on the S-Ltd). There was a nice set for sale recently, but in the middle of a house move and couldn't justify spending the cash on a non-essential. I think that'll be my next purchase though. They're a nice light 14" wheel, so benefit from fat tyres like the daises.

161 - 163 of 163 Posts