Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just got a brand new t25 turbo for my mx5 very cheap (free) off a mate I have a manifold and some 440cc injectors what else do I need I also have the intercooler and piping need a list of what else I need and where to get it from I'm on a very tight budget at the min cheers mark

· Keyboard 'worrier'
4,986 Posts
Something to control the fueling, emanage, megasquirt etc, if your going to tune it yourself then a wideband controller. Now those two aren't cheap, wideband £100 emanage/megasquirt £200+ and that's secondhand prices.

· Registered
2,998 Posts
Looking at the engine bay left to right

Intercooler pipe off Throttle Body
IAT Sensor (Reverant includes this with Megasquirt when bought new)
5mm T-Piece for Vacuum Line (x1 to Boost Gauge,x1 to Megasquirt)
Dump Valve (not nessessary)
Intercooler pipes
Intecooler
Turbo
Manifold
Oil Feed to Sandwich Plate
Oil Return to sump (will need an adaptor to be tapped into the sump)
Airfilter
Injectors

Boost Gauge
Megasquirt
Wideband Sensor & Gauge

· Registered
4,933 Posts
many. you could go basic with something like an emanage blue (piggyback), you may be able to pick one up for say, 150-200quid. you will need a few extra harnesses, o2 clamp and stuff, and you will need to wire the whole thing in.

realistically it may end up costing a bit more to do it that way than to just go with a Megasquirt solution to begin with.

· Keyboard 'worrier'
4,986 Posts
More like £250-300 for a dyno session. Unless your running a crappy fpr tuning is not a 5 min job. Going FI is not generally cheap and quick to do.

9,037 Posts
You don't need wideband if you are getting it dyno tuned but it's actually much easier to let a computer programme analyse and improve your tune. Not to mention a lot cheaper. Dyno tuning is a good way to optimise your spark timing tho.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.