Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Turn it UP!!!
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe the engine from an auto 1.8 MK1 V-Spec Eunos runs at a lower compression than it's manual conterparts,
does the lower compression lend itself better to supercharging or turbo charging? or is there no real difference.
Also with PS and AC will there be space limitations?

Cheers

·
changing gear is over rated
1,703 Posts
no the compression on the 1.8 auto is the same as the manual (1.6 has lower comp on an auto)

I am going the S/C route with a 1.8 install aswell

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
you will need to get the turbo manifold fabricated as it wont go around the gearbox without fouling....

charger is a straight bolt on using your oe manifold.....not even a 4 branch will fit

michael

·
Turn it UP!!!
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no the compression on the 1.8 auto is the same as the manual (1.6 has lower comp on an auto)

I am going the S/C route with a 1.8 install aswell
Ah, I have a lot to learn, it will take me year to save the money for the install but I might as well start learning now.
Why did you go the S/C route and not Turbo? I like the idea of no lag with the S/C route, but I have no idea of the pro and cons of either route.

·
changing gear is over rated
1,703 Posts
really just because I haven't had S/C before, done plenty of turbo stuff (not 5 tho).
Good turbo setups don't lag either. If I was going for power I would have gone turbo, and if I tubby manifold turned up cheap I would have gone turbo, but the mini S/C route is cheap

·
9 points, $20,000 and a lot of happiness.
20,813 Posts
you will need to get the turbo manifold fabricated as it wont go around the gearbox without fouling....

charger is a straight bolt on using your oe manifold.....not even a 4 branch will fit

michael
Seems like with Manifolds it's a bit of a crap shoot Michael.
Some have bought manifolds and they've bolted straight, others needed some to a lot of work to get em to fit.

If you stay away from ceramic coated then worst case scenario is you'd need to nip to a exhaust place to get a few more bends fitted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts