Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boss!!
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another post. Im getting confused with the 1.6 to 1.8 conversion. Everything is ready to go, i just need a little more information. I know you can ge the fm conversion kit so you use the 1.6 tb on the 1.8 so the wiring harness all connects up and the ecu works. But if your going to run a MS ecu can you still use the 1.8 tb?? As none of the connectors will match up. esp the tps as it has 4 wires not the 3 on the 1.6 loom.

If someone could give me information on if you can keep the 1.8 tb (i.e. simply just the 1.8 connectors and wiring them into 1.6 loom)

Or just buying an adpater plate for the 1.6 tb so it just all connects up.

Thanks Lee.

·
changing gear is over rated
1,700 Posts
can you butcher the 1.6 tps to fit the 1.8 TB? I didn't have this issue as I was fitting to a 1.6 auto

·
changing gear is over rated
1,700 Posts

·
Boss!!
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok the topic in the sig has helped me out major. Literally only question I have is if im using a MS ecu. can i still use the 1.8 coil pack or do i still use the 1.6. Going to swap the connectors and rewire the tps like the topic says and swap over the 1.8 throttle cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.