Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my first rwd car/ drifter :

The roof was damaged. I was suprised how much it weighed... so err i'm not fitting a new one !

]

Bit more srtipped than this now. Cleaning it all out. repairing the one small bit of rust in the passanger foot well. And will be making a plate to replace where the heater matrix/radio controls are with all my switches and stuff

Bucket seats which im fitting in the coming days. Keeping seat belts until i get my hands on some 5 point harness's and fabricate a bar across the back to secure them.

Rear panel is damaged. Might get a new one if one pops up. But i'm not that bothered after all it is a drift slag.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers
, hoping to give it a full service within the month. the only thing is i cant decide on what fully synthetic oil to use?! somebody help!

also if anyone wants any interior bits just drop me a message has its all came out

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mini update, i bought these the other day so will stick them on when i get a chance

I also ordered my Megasquirt 2 ecu from rev for a very reasonable price, will get that in a month

once thats installed and running properly i'll be collecting the parts for a T25 turbo setup.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi mate I went for a millers 5 30 fully synthetic oil which seems to be nice but I haven't had a chance to test it properly.

I can't remember the wheels or spec I'm down my workshop tomorrow so ill have a look and post the info up for you

Hopefully buying a NASCAR trs harness on the cheap of eBay too if things go well

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
wheels are buddyclubs. or ultralites. or kosei. they're a buddyclub design, licensed to the other two over the years, so there's various different ones floating about, all of the same design.

let me know if you ever want rid of them as i have a few random pairs that could do with some friends.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will let you know bud! but i probably wont be selling. Wait if you have a few odd pairs around i might be interested in buying has hopefully im going to have her on the road soon so i can take her drifting over the summer.

Can not wait to drive her! Hope fully this weekend, i'll have the seats in:

dial panel fitted (pictures soon)
seats in
handbrake sleeve and button in
might even start some weight loss and get rid of the supports on the bonnet is it worth it though?

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
if you're drifting, just get some random shit oem wheels from vw/seats/toyotas etc. my pairs are mostly random jdm delicious, it'd be a waste to 'drift' them as they're not really replaceable. no point using decent wheels if you're just going to skid them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Whoops forgot about this.

Anyways lots of progress coming in the following month or so. today i fitted a new (very nice) temperature sensor which fitted in conveniently with a bit of tinkering

here it is :

I also picked up a new head fully built from Triplee (thanks bud). I'll post pictures of this in a couple of days i'm stripping down and it will be gas flowed in the coming weeks bye a friend of mine. ready for the turbo lump i'm gathering parts for.

will make the centre dash this week too if i get a chance! Now the weathers got better i can crack on i can get it ready and get it on the road for some drifting fun

Thanks for reading the worst progress thread ever

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.