• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Morgan.h20

Morgan.h20

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:47 PM

Hi, mine here and in desperate need of help.

I really need help, I've been working on a abandoned mx5 mk1 and just got it up and running , however, as soon as I put a new battery in a beeping sound was coming from inside the car and doesnt seem to be linked to the airbags, seatbelts or doors I've looked everywhere and nobody seems to have the same problem the beeping isnt coming from and box or anything like ive seen online and instead is coming from a separate mini speaker connected to a large bungle of wires.

I would really appreciate some help as I'm out of ideas.

Thank you in advance.

#2 Dickie

Dickie

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:09 PM

Is the noise coming from under the dash by the steering column ?

Eunos Roasters have a couple of buzzers under there. They look like flasher units, if the noise is coming for this area take the panel under the steering column off switch the car on and play hunt the Buzzer unit, you can feel which one it is when its operating

I have just unplugged the one on my Eunos in fact I think both of my cars have had the buzzer unplugged.

I hope this will help.

#3 Morgan.h20

Morgan.h20

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:41 PM

Hi, thank for your answer! after hunting down the sound I found a little speaker coming from under the dashboard but closer to the centre console (so basically next to/behind the radio) it's like a mini black cone shaped thing with a hole in it wich is making a noise, if I cove the hole the noise is very hard to hear, I have a feeling that it's a after market alarm system but all the wires are put together very neatly so at first glance it looks stock, I think I will have to take a closer look and get a better angle at the wires.

#4 Morgan.h20

Morgan.h20

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:42 PM

Hi, thank for your answer! after hunting down the sound I found a little speaker coming from under the dashboard but closer to the centre console (so basically next to/behind the radio) it's like a mini black cone shaped thing with a hole in it wich is making a noise, if I cove the hole the noise is very hard to hear, I have a feeling that it's a after market alarm system but all the wires are put together very neatly so at first glance it looks stock, I think I will have to take a closer look and get a better angle at the wires.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users