3 replies to this topic

#1 pcaligari68

pcaligari68

Getting there

• New Members +
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:24 PM

I went out this evening and decided to have a go at adjusting the kids of my pop up lights. As you can see from the before and after pic the lid was way below the line of the bonnet when I started.

Having studies a few forum posts I decided to try the gentle bend back into shape method of adjustment. Lift the bonnet, rest both hands on the lid of the light, curl fingers round and gently pull up. You don't need to go at it like a gorilla. Its very thin material and pulls into shape with ease.

Got to remember no sitting on the bonnet and definitely no leaning on these fragile things when working on the car.

Next job is the waterpump... that will not be so simple I am sure!!6d6ae0cc7611475351a3d85ba2113bf1.jpgb23bec691cc0783159a553815343b913.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

#2 Martin Y

Martin Y

Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10273 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:00 PM

… and definitely no leaning on these fragile things when working on the car.

Yup. That's the key.

Straightened up nicely though.

#3 Dickie

Dickie

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:59 PM

A Decent screwdiver is all you need, take the side plastic covers off, slightly loosen the four screws holding the lid on. wiggle cover a bit to best fit , pop lights down, wiggle a bit more to perfection , then pop the lights up tighten the screws and refit the plastic covers, SIMPLES.

If you have bought the Vented Carbon Fibre covers from Moss then an Dremel or angle grinder is required to tweek them to fit !!!!

#4 Martin Y

Martin Y

Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10273 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:04 AM

But usually the problem is not that the lid has shifted and needs its position adjusted. The commonest issue is that someone has leant on the back of the lid while working under the bonnet and the rear edge is bent down.

First time I noticed the problem I went through the process of undoing the screws and adjusting heights but when it happened again I realised what was going on. Just pulling the rear edge back up is even more 'simples' than unscrewing stuff that hasn't moved out of adjustment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users