#21 Dickie

Dickie

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

Hi, Folks,

I have now grafted a Mk1 TPS onto the Danst set up which means when I do the manifold swap all the plugs stay the same, I just have to extend the wires to go to the back of the engine.

This set up will end up on a Mk2.5 block with Mk2 head with a 60 thou skim, gas flowed, de shrouded valves, piper 285 cams, supertech springs and caps, mazdaspeed SUB's, lighter flywheel, helix group N clutch with saab concentric slave cylinder conversion.

I need to sort out my ME221 to get the engine running properly before I swap to the ITB set up. 

Cheers Dickie

#22 mbh69

mbh69

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

I'm going for a mk2.5 bottom end for mine but having it decked with forged rods and lighten and balance it all.

www.Fixascuff.co.uk

www.RicoRally.co.uk

97 Classic Red MK1 1.8 UKDM Fast Road/ Track Ms2 Megasquirt, Jenvey Itb, stage 2 cams & head, AEM Wideband, Adjustable Cam Pulleys, Aluminium Performance Radiator, Torsen 4.3 LSD, xpd Clutch, rpc Lightened Flywheel, 4-2-1 Manifold, Larini Exhaust, Meister R Coilovers, Axxis Pads, Braided Hoses, ATE Racing brake fluid, Jass Brake Stopper, Depowered steering rack, Track Alignment, Carbing Roll cage, Harness bar, GRP Seats, Harnesses

#23 Markcoopers

Markcoopers

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

my "heath Robinson" approach is less dramatic but hopefully as effective.

Set of old Mikuni PHH 40 carbs striped/sealed and converted to be as ITB's, Jenvey manifold, Mk2 fuel rail, custom mount stock 1.8 VTPS (so I can use a PnP ECU set up, Head has 42 thou skim, exintake cam mod, 3 angle seats.

My members ride mod sheet

Current project

http://www.mx5nutz.c...howtopic=197977

Original project

http://www.mx5nutz.c...howtopic=115781

#24 Dickie

Dickie

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:34 PM

Hi Folks,

Its time for a refresh and update.

The car is finally all together and transported to the Rolling Road for a complete mapping session.

I had a call from the rolling road a couple of days later.

It was good news followed by bad !!

The good news was it was making 172 BHP after a bit of inlet cam swinging. :D :D :D

The bad news is that the rolling road locked down due to Covid the car has been away for two months now. :( :( :(

The better news is that they are going back to work on June 1st :)

They are expecting to find most of the cars with flat batteries when they go back into open up.

I have no more figures to share,

I should be better informed once the car is finished and MOT tested.

I am looking forward to seeing the power curve.

If it is still climbing at peak revs it will be worth building a forged block and upping the rev limit, and fitting big valves.

#25 robygodzilla

robygodzilla

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:25 PM

Excellent news, one of the reasons I got gsxr throttle bodies was because of your build.

#26 Dickie

Dickie

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:44 PM

Hi Roby,

I got my GSXR ITB's From Dave Mac as he changed direction. ( Which is why I tagged onto the thread he started )

I have loosely based my engine on Quinns over in the USA.

My original plan was head work / cams with standard throttle body then as funds grew I was going to fit Jenveys.

I just went with what appeared in front of me that was affordable and fitted my vague plan.

This has always been an experimental build, with no timescale pressure,

I have a well equipped large playpen to indulge myself so storage is no problem.

I bought another Eunos Rs which I have used for the last six years as well as the car in my Avatar to play with.

I take part in Speed Hillclimbs in both the Eunos and the Austin 7 and look forward to trying out the new build Eunos on the hills later in the year if any events actually happen this year.

#27 Dickie

Dickie

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:38 PM

Hi Folks,

I have been in touch with the Tuners, they have been back at work for a couple of days, my car is ready to come home :D

They have been unable to get it MOT tested for me so I will have to get the car home on a transporter then arrange for another garage to do the MOT test.

I will have to get a new cover note before I can take the car anywhere though.

Meanwhile I am making a pattern for  a custom airbox so I can reduce the intake noise and get some colder air to the intake.

#28 Dickie

Dickie

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 07:30 PM

Hi Folks,

I now have a fresh cover note so I can collect the car from Engine Tuner Plymouth and drive it to a pre arranged MOT test legally even with no numberplates !

The mould for the ITB airbox has now been laminated , I will have to leave it overnight before I can take the mould off the pattern, then trim the mould and make a frame for it before I make the first airbox prototype.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users