For Sale Ads On The Group - Changes - Page 4 - General Chat & Banter - MX5Nutz Forum - Page 4

These ads only show for users who are not registered or logged in

Photo

For Sale Ads On The Group - Changes

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Martin Y

Martin Y

Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10274 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:40 PM

One thing that would be great is if a link to the for sale post was included automatically to the auto generated topic in the discussion thread so we don't constantly have the same questions being asked - "How much is it?", "any pictures" and "where are you located"

This.

It would be such an obvious improvement I seriously wondered if it was already implemented and I was just failing to spot the link.
I don't browse the classified ads.  I just use "View new Content", so I only see ads when their discussion threads show up there.  And that only shows the text of the ad.  No pics.

#62 Vindi (Russell)

Vindi (Russell)

Spends way too much time on Nutz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12243 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:36 PM

One thing that would be great is if a link to the for sale post was included automatically to the auto generated topic in the discussion thread so we don't constantly have the same questions being asked - "How much is it?", "any pictures" and "where are you located"

This.

It would be such an obvious improvement I seriously wondered if it was already implemented and I was just failing to spot the link.
I don't browse the classified ads.  I just use "View new Content", so I only see ads when their discussion threads show up there.  And that only shows the text of the ad.  No pics.

Agreed, having them as separate items is just daft anyway, means you have to enter everything twice to get the ad set up properly and edit everything twice if you want to make any changes.  It's pretty much dead on here anyway, half of the For Sale area is lists of standard kit being stripped off rusty cars by traders... and most of that is out of date because the kit has sold but the ads haven't been closed off.

Russell.

#63 OnePaintedMan

OnePaintedMan

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3461 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

Just put it back to how it was and be done with it. I really can't understand why this is so complicated to achieve. We all want it that way, so why can't it be done?

ronin.gifSignatureRonin.jpg

Project Ronin. For further details check out my build thread.

#64 Adz

Adz

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:54 PM

/\/\

What he said!

2010 MK3.5 2.0: Standard

1992 RX7: Enkei Wheels, Tein Flex Z, Exedy Organic Clutch

1978 DATSUN 260Z: Full nut and bolt restoration underway, BC Coilovers, Safety Devices half cage, uprated brakes etc

#65 friendly1_uk

friendly1_uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9608 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

Thank you

I was not logged in. Everything except wanted was present

89 Greddy. FMIC. EMB. LC-1. Gauge linearisation. Walbro+Relay. Racing Mazda ceramic downpipe with split mod. Silenced de-cat. FM duels. FM adjustable roll bars. FM rails. HD engine mounts. 1.8 Brakes with m/c brace. Later gearbox. Torsen LSD. Rokkor Mk2 coilovers. Weapon style bar. White wheels, White car, Black Hardtop. Sunglasses holder, footwell lights.

#66 p1rate

p1rate

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:17 AM

I just tried to put up a classified add and i get the response .Oops! Something went wrong!'

Is this just me? any ideas?

#67 randomfactor

randomfactor

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1660 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:53 AM

I just tried to put up a classified add and i get the response .Oops! Something went wrong!'

Is this just me? any ideas?

You need approx 100 worthwhile posts before you can add ads.

My Mk1 build thread: http://www.mx5nutz.c...opic=253097&hl= (now sold)

My Mk2 build thread: http://www.mx5nutz.c...howtopic=263802

#68 bettabuilda

bettabuilda

• Members
  • 5875 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:17 AM

Is it just me or have the classifieds/for sale thing changed? Hadn't looked for a few days but having just been on, I looked in bits n pieces at the bottom of the forum page to see that it has altered, a few things now gone such as discussion thread and the old sale stuff right at the bottom. If you click on say, items for sale now, it's all in one with folk able to comment. If you go via classifieds link at the top of the forum page it's like it has been with link to discussion thread? Have I missed an announcement, quick check and didn't find anything. :(

Barrie
MK3 2007 RED & CARBON WRAPPED 1800GT 1st at MX5 OC 2018 Spring rally lightly modified section :) now gone!
MK1 '91 Classic red 1.6 Eunos Meisterr's nothing to report! :) now gone!
MK1 '91 Classic red 1.6 Eunos Meisterr's automatic standard trim :) now gone!
2nd place at MX5 OC 2015 Spring Rally in modified MK1 section 1.6 Mk1 Eunos 1991 JRSC in classic red. Now gone!
MK1 '90 Classic red 1.6 Eunos standard trim :) now gone!
J2 1.8 LTD, '94, Mazdaspeed roll/harness bar/ MS102 wheels, Recaro seats, sabelt harness's, full Hard Dog bodykit, JDM adjustable shocks, KGWorks accessories :) now gone

#69 randomfactor

randomfactor

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1660 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:28 AM

Apparently they changed it a week or so ago without telling anyone.

My Mk1 build thread: http://www.mx5nutz.c...opic=253097&hl= (now sold)

My Mk2 build thread: http://www.mx5nutz.c...howtopic=263802

#70 Adz

Adz

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:31 AM

I have no idea why this ever changed from the original way it was. MX5Nutz had the best for sale section with so many ads going up regularly. I don't even look anymore as it's the most frustrating system on earth.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

2010 MK3.5 2.0: Standard

1992 RX7: Enkei Wheels, Tein Flex Z, Exedy Organic Clutch

1978 DATSUN 260Z: Full nut and bolt restoration underway, BC Coilovers, Safety Devices half cage, uprated brakes etc

#71 Dweenimus

Dweenimus

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:37 AM

Mighty 5ine of them to let the users know eh

1991 Auto J-LTD Yellow Eunos aka Bumblebee. Nexus 7/barebones amp install. Cobalt cat back, decat. 

#72 bettabuilda

bettabuilda

• Members
  • 5875 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:00 AM

Well at least it wasn't just me having a senior moment! :) it's still half cocked though by the look of things with parallel threads? One being the recent style with discussion thread and the other " similar " to old style. Not sure what actually happens when you post up for sale?

Barrie
MK3 2007 RED & CARBON WRAPPED 1800GT 1st at MX5 OC 2018 Spring rally lightly modified section :) now gone!
2nd place at MX5 OC 2015 Spring Rally in modified MK1 section 1.6 Mk1 Eunos 1991 JRSC in classic red. Now gone!
J2 1.8 LTD, '94, Mazdaspeed roll/harness bar/ MS102 wheels, Recaro seats, sabelt harness's, full Hard Dog bodykit, JDM adjustable shocks, KGWorks accessories :) now gone

#73 Daz

Daz

AK47 - 9 out of 10 owners said their kitten preferred it!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18088 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:41 AM

They've made some changes, we're discussing it between AG and the mods to get them to work more smoothly as we know it still isn't right as they stand. Don't moan about an attempt to make them work better for the membership.

The old method of ads might have been right for some of you, but it was high maintenance for the mods.

Daz
Don't ask me, I don't work here any more.

#74 bettabuilda

bettabuilda

• Members
  • 5875 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

They've made some changes, we're discussing it between AG and the mods to get them to work more smoothly as we know it still isn't right as they stand. Don't moan about an attempt to make them work better for the membership.The old method of ads might have been right for some of you, but it was high maintenance for the mods.Daz

Not a moan from me, more a WTF is happening? but there you go! Has this come about as a result of the various comments made over time since the " new " system has been in place, or mearly an acceptance that it was not the best solution? TBH, I have had great success in selling on the " new " system, cars, parts and non mx5 related stuff and whilst I liked the old system with its banter etc, the newer version wasn't an issue for me either.

Barrie

#75 miles

miles

Given up

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22533 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:41 AM

18 months of moaning and they have flicked a switch followed by silence. We may get more input in a year or two, but I shouldn't hold your breaths.
Posted ImagePosted Image
90 lil' Red Roadster M45, Konis, JR, RS*R, Watanabe,Torsen, Leather, ILM LoPros...............
98 RS Black Mazdaspeed shocks/springs, Autoexe CAI, RB Duals, gold wheels and Victory Lane air freshener ....
99 Sport red £700 of pure awesomeness.

#76 corders

corders

Yarr I be the Cap'n

• Members
  • 7381 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

Forum-facing communication is so great

#77 Daz

Daz

AK47 - 9 out of 10 owners said their kitten preferred it!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18088 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:59 AM

They've made some changes, we're discussing it between AG and the mods to get them to work more smoothly as we know it still isn't right as they stand. Don't moan about an attempt to make them work better for the membership.The old method of ads might have been right for some of you, but it was high maintenance for the mods.Daz

Not a moan from me, more a WTF is happening? but there you go! Has this come about as a result of the various comments made over time since the " new " system has been in place, or mearly an acceptance that it was not the best solution? TBH, I have had great success in selling on the " new " system, cars, parts and non mx5 related stuff and whilst I liked the old system with its banter etc, the newer version wasn't an issue for me either.

Barrie

Wasn't really aimed at you Barrie. For every person who accepted the change and made suggestions, there'd be 10 complaints from people who didn't like it. If you change it again, then we have more complaints. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

We have been talking behind the scenes with AG, but they could be a lot more communicative as a whole.

Daz
Don't ask me, I don't work here any more.

#78 bettabuilda

bettabuilda

• Members
  • 5875 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:12 PM

Sorry Daz :( feel like a right twat now! Some say I am one! :) absolutely right though, damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Barrie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users