Meisterr Clubrace Coilovers - Affordable Track Focused Setup - Wheels, Tyres, Suspension & handling/etc - MX5Nutz Forum

These ads only show for users who are not registered or logged in

Photo

Meisterr Clubrace Coilovers - Affordable Track Focused Setup

MeisterR ClubRace Track Coilovers Suspension

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 MeisterR

MeisterR

Advanced Nutzer

• Registered Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

The MeisterR ClubRace suspension is our answer to one of the most common request:

An affordable track focused setup concentrating on stiffer springs rate as well as maximising damper stroke travel.

NAclubrace.jpg

NAclubrace2.jpg

Specification:
*Aluminium Front Top Mount with Spherical Bearing.
*Extended Aluminium Rear Top Mount with harden rubber bush. 
*Monotube damper with 32 stage damping adjustment (Compression and Rebound Combined)
*Linear Rate SAE9254 Chrome Silicon Steel Springs.
*Springs Coil Noise Insulator.
*Lengthen Heavy Duty Rubber boot.
*Unique UK Patent Pending Non-Slip Aluminium Spring Perch & Locking Collar. 
*Dual Perch Coilovers Construction (Independent Springs Tension and Ride Height Setting)

NA / NB ClubRace Coilovers Specific:

Front:
Springs Rate:  12.5kg/mm (698lb/in) + Helper Springs
Damper Trave:  125mm (4.9")
Out of the box Ride Height:  310mm (12.2)
Ride Height Adjustment Range:  292mm - 365mm (11.5" - 14.4")

Rear:
Springs Rate:  7.0kg/mm (391lb/in)
Damper Trave:  105mm (4.1")
Out of the box Ride Height:  320mm (12.6")
Ride Height Adjustment Range:  315mm - 376mm (12.4" - 14.8")

ClubRace Design Note:

The main focus is to provide a versatile suspension setup that will work well with sticky tire compound, such as Toyo R888 or the Advan A048.
The higher springs rate along with revised damper valving are designed to push the tires down and get them to heat up to generate traction.

Due to the high springs rate required on the front, helpers springs are included in order to provide adequate rebound travel.
The rear suspension do not come with helper springs in order to maintain as much compression travel as possible.

Another focus is to achieve as much damper stroke travel as possible for this application.
By including an extended rear top mount, we are able to extend the rear damper travel to 105mm and provide more of the much needed travel in the rear.
The front damper also have increased damper travel in order to achieve more rebound travel in conjunction with the helper springs.

This make the MeisterR ClubRace the longest damper travel dual perch setup available on the market, and even rival some single perch design.

The dual perch (2-piece) design allows versatile ride height adjustment.
The out of the box ride height of 12.2"/12.6" was the aim with this design.
You can lower it slightly, but the rear is near it's lowest adjustment out of the box.

This setup will allow the freedom to adjust ride height from the out of box setting to OEM height (~14") without worries of reducing rebound travel.
There is no need to for any hardware change such as longer springs if you want a taller ride height, and no need to worry about functionality at the higher ride height setting.

The final point is affordability.
The entire ClubRace setup as you see above with top mount, fully assembled ready for installation out of the box, with 1 year warranty will be £879 delivered.

Any questions, just let us know.   :driving:

Jerrick

5% OFF MeisterR Coilovers for MX5-Nutz members.
Use Voucher Code MX5NUTZ when ordering on http://www.MeisterR.co.uk
0% Interest Finance Available (No Deposit Requirement)

#2 Paul R

Paul R

Spends way too much time on Nutz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5756 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

we are pleased to say we WILL be running this very set up very soon.........thanks to Jerrick's support to us Roddisons Motorsport

#3 mbh69

mbh69

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

I have zeta s at the moment but I'm thinking of upgrading, the car still gets some road use, but on track there is alot of roll will upgrading the suspension sort it or am I better with anti roll bars?

www.Fixascuff.co.uk

www.RicoRally.co.uk

97 Classic Red MK1 1.8 UKDM Fast Road/ Track Ms2 Megasquirt, Jenvey Itb, stage 2 cams & head, AEM Wideband, Adjustable Cam Pulleys, Aluminium Performance Radiator, Torsen 4.3 LSD, xpd Clutch, rpc Lightened Flywheel, 4-2-1 Manifold, Larini Exhaust, Meister R Coilovers, Axxis Pads, Braided Hoses, ATE Racing brake fluid, Jass Brake Stopper, Depowered steering rack, Track Alignment, Carbing Roll cage, Harness bar, GRP Seats, Harnesses

#4 MeisterR

MeisterR

Advanced Nutzer

• Registered Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:33 PM

I have zeta s at the moment but I'm thinking of upgrading, the car still gets some road use, but on track there is alot of roll will upgrading the suspension sort it or am I better with anti roll bars?

It will depends on the tyres you want to run.
If you are going to run normal road compounds tyres, then the Zeta-S would be fine (ZetaCRD would be better).

If you are going to run semi-slick (or any high grip compound tyres), then the ClubRace will provide much better result.

Jerrick

#5 RYAN R LTD

RYAN R LTD

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2278 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:36 AM

Hi Jerrick, can you get these with the camber adjustable top mounts please, like the CRD +.

Only im looking to upgrade my current Meisters over winter and that would be my preferred option.

Cheers Ryan

#6 noobie

noobie

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:12 AM

MX5 => double wishbones => no McPherson struts = no camber adjustability possible in topmounts (or needed since its already adjustable from factory). Though I'm sure you meant something else..

#7 mbh69

mbh69

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

I'm on r888's
https://m.facebook.c...61&id=516112360
If you look at how close the sills are to the road through the tight corners I definitely need some upgrades.

www.Fixascuff.co.uk

www.RicoRally.co.uk

97 Classic Red MK1 1.8 UKDM Fast Road/ Track Ms2 Megasquirt, Jenvey Itb, stage 2 cams & head, AEM Wideband, Adjustable Cam Pulleys, Aluminium Performance Radiator, Torsen 4.3 LSD, xpd Clutch, rpc Lightened Flywheel, 4-2-1 Manifold, Larini Exhaust, Meister R Coilovers, Axxis Pads, Braided Hoses, ATE Racing brake fluid, Jass Brake Stopper, Depowered steering rack, Track Alignment, Carbing Roll cage, Harness bar, GRP Seats, Harnesses

#8 Delaney

Delaney

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

How about TÜV approval?

#9 mbh69

mbh69

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

Are there going to be any deals on them since there new out? Black Friday? 😉

www.Fixascuff.co.uk

www.RicoRally.co.uk

#10 MeisterR

MeisterR

Advanced Nutzer

• Registered Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

I'm on r888's
https://m.facebook.c...61&id=516112360
If you look at how close the sills are to the road through the tight corners I definitely need some upgrades.

Honestly do not look too bad.

But on R888, the stiffer springs rate on the ClubRace will control the car a lot better.

That is what the ClubRace was designed for.

How about TÜV approval?

Won't have TUV approval, especially for the ClubRace that is a Race designed coilovers.

To cost of doing the TUV just do not work out economically.

Are there going to be any deals on them since there new out? Black Friday?

We won't have any Black Friday deal.... Sorry.
However, any MeisterR customers who wants to upgrade, always drop us a message and we will work something out for you. ;)

Jerrick

#11 mbh69

mbh69

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Pm sent 😀

www.Fixascuff.co.uk

www.RicoRally.co.uk

#12 MeisterR

MeisterR

Advanced Nutzer

• Registered Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

Just thought I bump this up with a little video from my tester in USA.

This is a NB running on MeisterR ClubRace Coilovers.

The day was very cold so there were limited test time, but here is an on board lap.

Pretty hot lap with most corner at the 1.1G to 1.2G area, with one turn hitting a max of 1.3G.

Overall, pretty respectable and very stable.

Jerrick

#13 tompei

tompei

Getting there

• New Members +
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

Just ordered some!

#14 Phil540uk

Phil540uk

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

The website says out of stock. Do you know when you'll be getting more in?

#15 MeisterR

MeisterR

Advanced Nutzer

• Registered Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:56 PM

I got some coming in very shortly, but only a few set.  

Drop Edwin an E-mail at [email protected] if you want some.

Jerrick

#16 lurcher46

lurcher46

Getting there

• New Members +
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:05 PM

Very cross with myself. After months of umin and arin finally made my mind up to Go with the Club Race for my 92 NA td04 only to find they are now Out Of Stock..Could kick myself. Fingers crossed the next batch flies through customs. Cos i am now getting a little excited .

#17 Lockmaster55

Lockmaster55

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:05 AM

Oh no! These do look nice I have to say... if I was running r888 on the road, would these be better than CRDs?

#18 MR Wallace

MR Wallace

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:53 AM

The CRD's are great for road use and intended just for that - the clubrace are designed for the track so unless you drive on perfectly smooth roads and are trying to shave seconds off your commute stick with the CRD's!

#19 MeisterR

MeisterR

Advanced Nutzer

• Registered Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

Very cross with myself. After months of umin and arin finally made my mind up to Go with the Club Race for my 92 NA td04 only to find they are now Out Of Stock..Could kick myself. Fingers crossed the next batch flies through customs. Cos i am now getting a little excited .

They should come in soon, it will be worth the wait. :)

Oh no! These do look nice I have to say... if I was running r888 on the road, would these be better than CRDs?

The ClubRace are intended to use with high grip tyres, and that is why the springs rate are much higher.

If you are using R888, the ClubRace will work the tyres better because it will control the dive under braking for example.

The main issue is if you are on the road, you are traction limited by the road surfaces.

You almost want to ask if using R888 is the best choice for road use.

But assuming the R888 are able to generate it's intended traction, then the ClubRace will perform better than just about anything under £1000 on the market.

The CRD's are great for road use and intended just for that - the clubrace are designed for the track so unless you drive on perfectly smooth roads and are trying to shave seconds off your commute stick with the CRD's!

Agree, the ZetaCRD is always my go to choice.

Unless you are using high grip tyres, then there are argument for the ClubRace on the road depending on the focus of the car.

Otherwise, the ZetaCRD is the all rounder that does everything well.  :)

Jerrick

#20 Lockmaster55

Lockmaster55

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:59 PM

Thanks Jerrick, very useful! Think the crd may suit me better then, and maybe with toyo T1-Rs instead of R888.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users