13 replies to this topic

#1 maccaloon

maccaloon

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

My neighbour backed into the Roadster yesterday, cracking the numberplate plinth on the front of the car. I saw and heard him do it, but he didn't ring the bell and tell me before going away for the weekend. I wonder if he'll own up on Monday?

Luckily my car has not had its respray and plinth removal yet, but I can only imagine if it had!

Mac

1992 Eunos Roadster Mk1 V-Special BRG

#2 monka

monka

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

I had exactly the same thing this week, went out to my car yesterday after leaving it since monday to find the front number plate smashed to bits. 😒

#3 corders

corders

Yarr I be the Cap'n

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7381 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

You'll just have to take a crowbar to his car when he returns

Or shit through his letterbox

#4 southernd

southernd

Getting there

• New Members +
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

Wrap a quote round a brick and pop it through the window, should get a response.

#5 magic354

magic354

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

You'll have to update us- good excuse to get rid of the horrible plinth and go with a stick on plate ;)

#6 maccaloon

maccaloon

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

You'll have to update us- good excuse to get rid of the horrible plinth and go with a stick on plate ;)

Believe it or not, I'm doing exactly that this week! Front/bonnet respray and a stick on plate (pics will be posted in "what have you done.." later). I'm just glad my neighbour picked this week to hit it!!

Mac

#7 maccaloon

maccaloon

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

Didn't own up. Waved hello upon his return, but no confession. What a gobshite.

Mac

#8 High Five

High Five

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

Chuck the plinth in his garden when it's off. He will know what it is, and won't be quite sure how to play it.

#9 JazzyMetal

JazzyMetal

One post wonder

• New Members +
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

Perfect topic to confess something;

I hate towbars.

Especially the fixed ones. 

I've sold cars and I've sold towbars and I've heard clients say they wanted a fixed towbar on their new car, not even for carrying a bicycle,

but  purely 'for protecting their car from other cars on the parking lot'.

Well...

every single one of my cars has -while safely parked- been at the receiving end of a towbar 'protecting' a car that was driving backwards.

And none of the drivers left a note or anything.

Probably because their cars weren't damaged.

​_________________________________________________________________________________________________
*    Kumiko
     (久美子) "Child of Lasting Beauty" – Japanese girl name.         
     久 (ku) "long time" - 美 (mi) "beautiful" - 子 (ko) "child"

#10 nibnob21

nibnob21

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2301 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

Or do what I did and reverse one of my cars into the tow hook of another one of my cars :(

#11 Bilbo

Bilbo

Internationally Unrenowned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

Or do what I did and reverse one of my cars into the tow hook of another one of my cars :(

Did you leave a note?  ;)

Bilbo's Scrapyard Spec Eunos

'92 Eunos 1.6 - Triumph Daytona 600 ITBs - Speeduino Core4 ECU - AEM Wideband - Volk Racing Mesh 15x7 fronts - Work Equip 03 14x7 rears - Direnza Coilovers - Malian exhaust - Firefly overfenders - Sparco Sprint on side mounts

Bilbo's Mk1 Eunos

'92 Eunos 1.6 - Lifted on mk2 shocks - 205/65/15 Malatesta M35 on Viking alloys - Speeduino standalone ECU - Innovate MTX-L Plus wideband - MX5Parts catback - Silenced Decat - Cowl intake - Sparco Sprint bucket seat - Skidnation side mounts - Dished suede wheel

Bilbo's Mk2 Import

'99 1.6 import - Tein springs - Grooved discs - Decat - Sportex exhaust - Plenty of rust

Bilbo's Mk2

'98 1.8 - MS-01R wheels - Toyo Proxes - Otto Racing Jap can exhaust - K&N intake - Nas dished suede wheel - Rust.

#12 lordrobs

lordrobs

Getting there

• New Members +
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

My car always lives on the drive but after limping it home when the clutch master cylinder went I left it on the road for a week. In that time someone managed to smack into it. 

I used to be precious about cars but I just can't be anymore. Company car soaks up most of the abuse and the mk1 is tidy but not perfect so if it picks up a knock I'll be miffed rather than psychotic rage mode.

#13 Golden

Golden

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

this is the reason im not into detailing and bodywork on my cars, my diy respray and average standards to bodywork suit me, i spend my time on making them go faster instead :D

theres only a small percentage of drivers that show courtesy to others :|

MK1 Eunos  vvt engine, forged rods , vf35 turbo 303bhp and 275ibft at 15psi - more to come

Forged 1.5 Ep82 Starlet GT vf35 242bhp 214ibft @ 12psi 

MKIV Supra single hx35 turbo 438bhp & 388ibft  18psi

#14 Smilerftm

Smilerftm

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

this is the reason im not into detailing and bodywork on my cars, my diy respray and average standards to bodywork suit me, i spend my time on making them go faster instead :D

theres only a small percentage of drivers that show courtesy to others :|

Go back a couple of years or so and I was obsessed about maintaining the looks of the car, but as it's had 4 wing mirrors smashed off (only 1 my fault), the front right wing smashed into needing wheel arch repairs, keyed along the passenger side, drivers side door hit by another door and one or two other scrapes i cant be bothered too much, especially as I've never been in the car when these things happen and so I've had to fork out to repair them. As long as it looks ok without being anal I'm good. The fact I spun in into a farmer's fence resulting in all the panels on both sides and the rear needing repairs hasn't helped either.
06 MX-5 NC
BBR Super 200 mods
MeisterR coilovers
RX8 yellow dot ARB's
EBC Yellow stuff pads
Lightened flywheel
Exedy stg 1 clutch
Forged crank
Head skim
Wider bore cylinders with Supertech pistons
IL Motorsport front engine brace
2.5" 300 cell cat midpipe with large 16x5 resonater
AK Automotive backbox
Focal ISC 570 speakers with Silent Coat sound deadening in doors
Kenwood double din stereo
Royal Steering Wheels refurb'd wheel

#15 ロード☆

ロード☆

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:58 PM

My car was hit twice while parked in the space of a fortnight.  The first took out a front sidelight.  My neighbours caught the bloke and he offered the cash to replace.  No big.  The second was a hit n run on a Saturday night in which someone backed their tow hook into my ABS rear number plate panel which crumbled into many pieces.  When it happens to me I'm weirdly 'c'est la vie' about it but when it happens to other people I feel bad for them.

#resurrection

#16 Zed.

Zed.

layabout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1443 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:11 PM

I know its a reserection but....

Or shit through his letterbox

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

or, if he is on holiday, hosepipe through letterbox & 'spray' (needs a bit of thinking with compressed air& pipe etc.. ) grassseeds onto his carpet....

Rich.

50 Shades of Silver. '91 NA6CE, Not a show car :driving: 
Ohlins dampers, COP conversion, 4.778:1 & more ideas than time :yes:
Bodger :ph34r:

https://mighty5s.com...silver-na-eunos

#17 Daz

Daz

AK47 - 9 out of 10 owners said their kitten preferred it!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18088 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:12 PM

I once had a neighbour who reversed his scooby estate out of his driveway and smashed the rear window of his car on the corner of a bright yellow skip that we had outside whilst we were renovating the house. He had the cheek to ask whether or not we had a permit for the skip.

Daz
Don't ask me, I don't work here any more.

#18 nibnob21

nibnob21

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2301 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

The annoying thing with my self inflicted one above, is that I didn't even need to reverse the MX5 as far back as I did. I just went into autopilot of "I must create as much room as possible at the front" to let my fiancée get her car passed.

And it was all to get access to the garage to tuck the MX5 up for the winter.

Ahh well, it's at the body shop getting painted at the moment :)

#19 Roostit

Roostit

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:38 AM

I thought the Plinth saved the car. Imagine you remove it and it happens again that beautiful front rail behind the front bumper will have a lovely crack instead, better off adding another 2 inches to the plinth or better yet a big F****** Tow hook. Not many drivers park near my front or rear with those two protrusions.

#20 Paul G

Paul G

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:02 AM

An old chap (early 70's) in the next village backed into his neighbours car hardly touching it. Pulled forward a metre and got out to check for damage. A bit of a job to tell as the neighbours car

was old and tatty but eyeing up the shape and position of the two cars deduced that the crack in the rear light lens must be his doing. The lens was complete, just cracked, so he went round and confessed.

They had been friends for years so it was all amenable, the neighbour saying, "Thats no bother, soon have that fixed."

A week later he came round with a quote for a complete new light unit, rear bumper panel and a rear end respray. "Do you want to pay this now or shall I go through your insurance?" The elderly chap didn't

have the money so he gave his insurance details.

The neighbour moved house without saying a word 3 weeks later so the old chap never saw if the car ever got done. He's still paying increased premiums and loss of no claims.

Mmmm?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users