Hello, I need some help please.
My 2litre NC went in for it's MOT yesterday, it failed on roll bar rubber covers and a tail lamp, so far so good.
However, the tester told me there was a problem with the cooling fan not coming on. He said it was probably sticking
on something and when given a nudge it'd fire up. "OK" says I "I can deal with that".
Anyway the 17 mile drive home was accompanied by that acrid fishy smell you get from overheated electrics, there was no hint of an odour on the way to the MOT station and there was no overheating on the gauge all day. When when I got home I popped the bonnet and the smell was coming from the front end, the cooling fan area. I reached in and flicked the fan with my fingers and it would turn but not fire up.
I'm going to get the expansion bottle out of the way this weeked and take a better look. I've quickly searched on Google with no success
on this subject. Everything seems to be "fan not working" no mention of a whiff.
Hoping you good people can give me some guidance.