#1 7rc1

7rc1

Made a start

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

Hi Folks,

Just a message to say hello and introduce myself, I'm Ross from sunny Glasgow. I bought my 1990 NA 1.6 Short Nose Eunos in October 2017 to strip it out completely to turn it into a track toy.

So far I have entirely stripped out the interior excluding the upper dash and centre tombstone, removed the PAS (looped the system), A/C system and charcoal filter.

I have serviced the engine with new oil, rocker gasket, oil filter, waterpump, thermostat, timing belt, new clutch slave cylinder, service kit redone the clutch master cylinder, added HEL clutch line, spark plugs, HT leads, new OEM pedals and fuel filter.

I have added a BMC Carbon Fibre intake, Japspeed racing radiator, new silcone hoses, LED headlamp bulbs and an OMP steering wheel.

Still to fit (already bought) is a Cobra Monaco Sport bucket with Skidnation side mounts, electrical cut off, OMP tow straps, SVT big front brakes, TD04 WRX turbo and intercooler (will wait till next winter to do this as I want to have the car ready for Springtime).

Problems so far was removing the old slave, the lower bolt stripped and took 5 days of trying different things before it eventually freed after using bolt extraction screws and heating the hell out of it. Then came the various waterpump/cooling gaskets, I bought a kit off eBay and really wished I'd just bought a Mazda one, the paper ones on both the waterpump intake pipe failed (it did kink slightly as I put it on and hadn't realised) took off (also replaced the inlet pipe at the same time as it was super corroded), refilled the water to flush and still dripping, this time from further up the front of the block, possibly coming from the thermostat housing so took it off and refit a genuine O ring and refilled whilst everything was off and hooray no leak...... from there, then popped up another one lower down which looked to be coming from the right side of the waterpump so everything back off, waterpump surface re-skimmed along with the hole in the block so it's flush and super clean and have a Mazda gasket coming tomorrow.

Boring you yet???

Now is my purchase list which I want to have on the Eunos by Springtime, frame rails, coilovers, rear pads and discs, 15 x 8J alloys with track orientated tyres, roll bar/cage, strut bar..... and a cuddly toy!

Thanks for reading and please get in touch if you have any suggestions or tips on how to progress the project or must have parts I've not mentioned.

Cheers,

Ross

#2 Bilbo

Bilbo

Internationally Unrenowned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

Welcome! :)

Sounds like you've got it pretty sorted so far mate! I got a set of Skidnation side mounts for Christmas for my Sparco Sprint. They're a well made bit of kit.

As for tyres, I've got Nankang NS2R, really good tyres mate, well worth considering, especially for the price.

Bilbo's Scrapyard Spec Eunos

'92 Eunos 1.6 - Triumph Daytona 600 ITBs - Speeduino Core4 ECU - AEM Wideband - Volk Racing Mesh 15x7 fronts - Work Equip 03 14x7 rears - Direnza Coilovers - Malian exhaust - Firefly overfenders - Sparco Sprint on side mounts

Bilbo's Mk1 Eunos

'92 Eunos 1.6 - Lifted on mk2 shocks - 205/65/15 Malatesta M35 on Viking alloys - Speeduino standalone ECU - Innovate MTX-L Plus wideband - MX5Parts catback - Silenced Decat - Cowl intake - Sparco Sprint bucket seat - Skidnation side mounts - Dished suede wheel

Bilbo's Mk2 Import

'99 1.6 import - Tein springs - Grooved discs - Decat - Sportex exhaust - Plenty of rust

Bilbo's Mk2

'98 1.8 - MS-01R wheels - Toyo Proxes - Otto Racing Jap can exhaust - K&N intake - Nas dished suede wheel - Rust.

#3 MR Wallace

MR Wallace

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Uprated brake pads and good fluid need to be on your list (assuming the fronts are standard at the moment)... and pictures need to be on the forum! :P

#4 Scotty Dugg

Scotty Dugg

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:31 AM

Welcome, be good to see some pictures.

Will it be road going or a pure track toy?

#5 7rc1

7rc1

Made a start

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

Bilbo it was you who suggested the skidnation mounts on a Facebook forum lol

I have a set of SVT big brakes but need the front carriers for them prior to fitting.

I'll stick some pictures up too, it'll be a purely summer/track car (more geared to track).

#6 Bilbo

Bilbo

Internationally Unrenowned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:25 AM

Bilbo it was you who suggested the skidnation mounts on a Facebook forum lol

I have a set of SVT big brakes but need the front carriers for them prior to fitting.

I'll stick some pictures up too, it'll be a purely summer/track car (more geared to track).

Haha! Well I'm glad I could provide some useful info for you in that case.

I'd like some big beefy brakes but with my 13s I have about 5mm caliper clearance on 1.6 brakes as it is!

Bilbo's Scrapyard Spec Eunos

'92 Eunos 1.6 - Triumph Daytona 600 ITBs - Speeduino Core4 ECU - AEM Wideband - Volk Racing Mesh 15x7 fronts - Work Equip 03 14x7 rears - Direnza Coilovers - Malian exhaust - Firefly overfenders - Sparco Sprint on side mounts

Bilbo's Mk1 Eunos

'92 Eunos 1.6 - Lifted on mk2 shocks - 205/65/15 Malatesta M35 on Viking alloys - Speeduino standalone ECU - Innovate MTX-L Plus wideband - MX5Parts catback - Silenced Decat - Cowl intake - Sparco Sprint bucket seat - Skidnation side mounts - Dished suede wheel

Bilbo's Mk2 Import

'99 1.6 import - Tein springs - Grooved discs - Decat - Sportex exhaust - Plenty of rust

Bilbo's Mk2

'98 1.8 - MS-01R wheels - Toyo Proxes - Otto Racing Jap can exhaust - K&N intake - Nas dished suede wheel - Rust.

#7 7rc1

7rc1

Made a start

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:42 PM

https://imgur.com/KdWSBSP

https://imgur.com/Fnks8KP

https://imgur.com/uBgw63h

https://imgur.com/wWNP7q1

#8 Scotty Dugg

Scotty Dugg

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

Very clean engine bay, you could route the intake like a Randall Cowl intake (search "randall cowl mx5" first result), you're not far off as is.

I'd get some rust converter on that front cross member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mx5, miata, eunos, track, car, trackcar, race, racecar, na, 1.6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users