2 replies to this topic

#1 Gallaibh

Gallaibh

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:01 PM

Hi all, 

I’m just about tearing my hair out with this one!!

I bought a 2013 Venture recently and am absolutely in love with the car but having one problem. I’m trying to swap out the Sanyo head unit for a more modern one but I’m having so much trouble trying to find the correct adapter harness- I’m 2 down already! Has anyone got any ideas how get round this one/where to look or am I just going to have to bite the bullet and do some old-fashioned soldering?? 

Thanks in advance, folks!

#2 MickAP

MickAP

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3336 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:45 PM

I believe the Venture has the sat nav. Have read if you follow the harness further along (could be wrapped in a foam sleeve), the lead that connects to the head unit it connects to the cars harness. It could be fastened back for neatness, this can be unconnected and plug your new harness in there, you may need a new connecting ISO lead.

35547829532_68c83b3eb5_n.jpg

Mk3 True Red Sport.  RS 6 speed in Racing Bronze (now sold)

#3 Gallaibh

Gallaibh

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:28 PM

I believe the Venture has the sat nav. Have read if you follow the harness further along (could be wrapped in a foam sleeve), the lead that connects to the head unit it connects to the cars harness. It could be fastened back for neatness, this can be unconnected and plug your new harness in there, you may need a new connecting ISO lead.

Thanks so much, Mick- that makes an awful lot of sense!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users