[Na] Meisterr Crd+ And Montage - Wheels, Tyres, Suspension & handling/etc - MX5Nutz Forum

These ads only show for users who are not registered or logged in

Photo

[Na] Meisterr Crd+ And Montage

coilovers meisterr crd+ NA8 NA miata

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ozcan

Ozcan

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

Hello!

Sorry for my bad english...

Today, I changed my old suspensions on my 96' NA8 miata with a friend of mine. Not really difficult but I have some questions because I have doubts...

On the instruction manual, it's written:

"4. Do not fully tighten the top mount until car is on the ground, as premature tightening
can damage the bolt thread."

I tightened the bolts (the 2 bolts on the top mount) to the max when the car was still on axle stand... Is there a real risk about the bolts threads?

And other question:

171129-224654-amorto28.jpg

When I removed my old suspensions, there were plastic seals on the top mount. (as "Ce joint" on this picture)

I didn't put them on my new Meisterr coilovers. Is that bad? Is there a risk?

Thanks you very much guyz from France ;)

#2 MX5SPARES

MX5SPARES

Advanced Nutzer

• Registered Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4045 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

Tightening top bolts on the stand is no problem

The plastic seal is a gasket but its fine without them

MX5 Breakers/Enthuaists.I have had over 70 Eunos/mx5 in past 25 years ,all shapes and sizes from 1989 to 2005.Good ones, bad ones, track cars,breakers, crashed, rolled, burnt out,rusty ones,mint ones,special editions,rebuilds, etc.

We deliver weekly to Uk and Europe incl Parcel Motel, Paisley Freight, DB Schenker (for Europe) and beyond

We have good clean used parts and include nuts/bolts etc if necessary. Most our cars are clean Imports and some ex UK ones (but they tend to be rusty ). We have few excellent bare or rolling shells from time to time, particularly NA models .Transport is not problem.

We are car enthuaists and have few Bug eye Corolla G6,s ,1 Mariner blue mk1 but mk2.5 vvt conversion with Torsen 3.9, 6 speed gearbox, Rays alloys, Lots of goodies. 1 X mk1 BBR turbo1991 ex UK car, 1 X BRG import 1.6 V spec with only 130k kms genuine kms with BBS alloys etc. Mk1 Mondeo 2.5 Jap import with only 74KMS,

#3 rustywheels

rustywheels

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

The plastic gasket is designed to stop squeaks coming from the mounts.  Mine were missing when I replaced the OE suspension with Meisters, but it hasn't been an issue at all.

#4 Ozcan

Ozcan

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:45 AM

Thanks you very much guyz!

I thought (for the plastic gasket) he had a role (rust or other) for the protection of coilovers. If it's only noise I think that I can do without.

There is no risk with rust without this plastic gasket?

Last question about my setup, I didn't use dynamometric key to tighten the bolts. Is there a problem or not?

Thanks you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users