• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dunitmull

Dunitmull

One post wonder

• New Members +
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:11 PM

I want to remove the little panel (looks like it covers where a cassette/mini-disc may have once lived!) with "Sound by Bose" written on it on the stock mk3 (Sport 2.0) stereo head unit, which is still fitted in the car. Before I scuff all the plastic trying to lever off with screwdriver, has anyone done this before, or when inspecting a unit not fitted to the car seen how it attaches?

I would like to drill a hole in it then fit it back with a bolt hanging out of it (to put a phone mount onto) so want to damage it as little as possible!

Any tips greatly appreciated

#2 McTrucky

McTrucky

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:44 AM

I just had a look at an old head unit I have in the shed. Don't try and prise the plate off. Looks like you need to partially dismantle the head unit as the plate isn't just clipped in place, it has legs that hook round as well and prising and pulling from the front won't work.

The good news is that if you do what you plan to do, it should be quite robust. Bad news is that it is a radio out and dismantled the kitchen table job.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ICE, Stereo, head unit, mk3, Bose, CD player

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users