Leaky Leaky Leaks, Can't Find The Entrance For The Roof Drainage! - Problems - MX5Nutz Forum

These ads only show for users who are not registered or logged in

Photo

Leaky Leaky Leaks, Can't Find The Entrance For The Roof Drainage!

#losingmymind #leaks #leaking

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Leakyfrog

Leakyfrog

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 03:53 PM

I bought my 2006 MX-5 back in January, I love it to bits, but I'm at my wit's end with leaks. Since I bought it, there's been water build up behind the drivers seat. Common story I know, and I've bought a trombone cleaner to try the trick of cleaning out the drainage holes, as the roof is in perfect condition, as are the window seals. It's the only thing I can think of. However, despite the multiple YouTube videos watched and followed, I am completely incapable of finding the entrance for the drainage behind the seatbelt pillars, I've checked every angle I can. Every time I try it either coils back in on itself, or it reappears out the door drain. Any tips?
I'm reluctant to take it to a garage as he just had both the lamda sensors changed, which cost a pretty penny!

#2 pcaligari68

pcaligari68

Getting there

• New Members +
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 05:29 PM

Wouldn't mind knowing this myself... got a mk1 and just can't find the drain holes... they are there somewhere I am sure!!

I'm glad I'm not the only person who can't work out the trick of finding them. I was starting to feel silly

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

#3 bedman1962

bedman1962

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 06:35 PM

Hi

Not a bad you tube video on location of drain holes.

Don't forget once the brush appears under the body pull through from under there, pulling back up will possibly ruin the noise reduction flap.

Also don't forget to check the front scuttle grommets, I had water behind the seats but it was coming from the front as the car was parked nose up.

Good luck solving the problem !!!

#4 Rasc

Rasc

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2699 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 09:42 PM

Wouldn't mind knowing this myself... got a mk1 and just can't find the drain holes... they are there somewhere I am sure!!
I'm glad I'm not the only person who can't work out the trick of finding them. I was starting to feel silly

No offence mate but have ever tried “MX5 NA drain holes” in Google?

https://www.google.c...4&bih=653&dpr=2

Pictures and everything

MK1 RS Ltd, Turbo, Tien Super Sport, Recaro's, BBS, 227 WHP
MK2 RS White, HKS turbo, Koni sports, Watanabe's

MK2 VS White, HKS turbo, Miester Rs, 949 ULs

#5 pcaligari68

pcaligari68

Getting there

• New Members +
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 07:06 AM

No offence mate but have ever tried “MX5 NA drain holes” in Google?

https://www.google.c...4&bih=653&dpr=2

Pictures and everything[/quote]

Yes... tried many times and not been able to locate them. Hence asking for something more in depth... RTFM isn't cutting it in this case.

#6 Leakyfrog

Leakyfrog

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:51 PM

Hi

Not a bad you tube video on location of drain holes.
https://www.youtube....h?v=4SZf8rQn97Y
Don't forget once the brush appears under the body pull through from under there, pulling back up will possibly ruin the noise reduction flap.
Also don't forget to check the front scuttle grommets, I had water behind the seats but it was coming from the front as the car was parked nose up.

Good luck solving the problem !!!

Thank you for the video! I followed it and success!! Got a load of gloopy mud out from behind the driver's side, and the sunshine has dried the interior out nicely. Now the test is the next rainfall... Thanks for all your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users