Det3 Install And Setup - Page 2 - Forced Induction & N/A Power Mods - MX5Nutz Forum - Page 2

These ads only show for users who are not registered or logged in

Photo

Det3 Install And Setup

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Matt642322

Matt642322

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 03:58 PM

13. MAF to MAP Conversion Part 5

So now that I had a new fuel map I needed to change my wiring, I now disconnected the MAF input from both the DET & the ECU, leaving the sensor side of the light green wire with black stripe unplugged, I connected analog out (pin 17) to the ECU side of the light green wire with black stripe:

• MAF In = Nothing
  • MAF Out = DET pin 17 - this goes to ECU pin 2L Light Green wire with Black stripe in connector 2

Now it was the moment of truth time to try to drive the car with no MAF input. In all honesty I was surprised that it worked as well as it did, the car starts, idles, and drives, however, it is a bit stumbly and feels down on power, there are also hesitant spots in the 3-4k rev range.

Obviously it will be difficult to know what is going on without wideband AFR's so that is the next job I need to get sorted so I can start logging the AFR's to help me understand where the fuel table needs cleaning up and getting the car running properly. 

#22 xwave10

xwave10

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:23 AM

Hi Matt,

I found your DET3 explanation and set up excellent. I've already bought mine, with terminated wires and the built in MAP sensor. I dont actually own an MX5 but a 1.3 Suzuki Jimny, which is normally a NA engine but im putting a small turbo on it just as a bit of a project. I'm still a bit confused as to what MAP sensor to use. The car comes with a factory fitted MAP sensor, but I was planning on essentially getting rid of it and using the inbuilt MAP sensor in the DET3. Am I correct in thinking that the MAP input 2 should be left blank in that case? If that is right, how does the ECU get a MAP signal? I suppose I use the analog out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users