#121 kilham5

kilham5

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

I put these in a non Bose Mk3

JL Audio TR570-CXi: 5 x 7 / 6 x 8-inch (125 x 180 mm)

http://www.jlaudio.c...l-systems-91031

They went straight in, even the existing water shroud fitted perfectly on the back.

I would have thought they will be physically the same on a Mk3.5, but not sure the Bose will be compatible with a 4ohm speaker.

More to life than Cars & Girls?

But can't think what...

#122 MickAP

MickAP

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3339 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

Replaced the standard non-Bose stereo with an Alpine W325BT unit yesterday evening.

Installation was a doddle, once I worked out there was no additional bolt holding the old unit in.
Took less than two hours.

15656540838_604fe5684b_c.jpg

Managed to get mine installed today after receiving the patch lead yesterday.

Very same model as in the picture (your pic) and as you say everything pretty straight forward. Only bind was getting all the leads/connectors back in there behind radio. I took the glovebox lid off and rearranged them from behind there, all fitted in the end, a bit tight though.

Just got to get my phone functioning properly with the unit, it pared up ok but I gave up and got back inside, it was dropping really cold and i was ready for a coffee. Really pleased with the sound quality, may go the whole hog and get the speakers upgraded, but that can wait a while now. :D

35547829532_68c83b3eb5_n.jpg

Mk3 True Red Sport.  RS 6 speed in Racing Bronze (now sold)

#123 bendiazclegg

bendiazclegg

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

hello i have 2007 mx5 that I'm looking to install with a pioneer double din head unit. I'm pretty sure its not bose although when i bought it it came with an aftermarket single din alpine unit. as far as I'm aware the bose mx5's have bose written on the speaker covers of the door cards ? if not how do i go about finding out?  I'm a little confused as to what wiring i will need for the instal for it to be plug and play. could someone give me a list of the wires please 

#124 MickAP

MickAP

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • 3339 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:54 PM

You will need a steering wheel control patch lead, link below plus the facia adaptor kit. You already have an Alpine fitted, so you may already have the kit required fitted.
Make sure the patch lead is for Pioneer, see the selection available.

https://www.dynamics...ctsmz002-2.html

#125 bendiazclegg

bendiazclegg

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:01 AM

You will need a steering wheel control patch lead, link below plus the facia adaptor kit. You already have an Alpine fitted, so you may already have the kit required fitted.
Make sure the patch lead is for Pioneer, see the selection available.

https://www.dynamics...ctsmz002-2.html

only thing is with this current head unit is the steering wheel controls dont work ... 

so literally all i need is that wire and the patch lead for the pioneer unit.

reading other posts how come some have used the pc99 - x46 and relevant patch lead? is this for bose stereos or ? 

also how do i find out if it is bose or not as i dont have the standard head unit ... 

#126 MickAP

MickAP

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • 3339 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:12 PM

The patch lead I linked to is all you need and of course this mates up with your new radio wiring harness. If you already have an aftermarket radio fitted then it should be fitted into the dash opening with the adaptor kit. In the adaptor kit would have been fittings for single din, which I believe you have got fitted, and there will be also the kit for double din. If single din fitted then it would have had a cubby in the kit to fill the void, obviously left out if going double din.

Regards the Bose, which model Mk3 do you have? I'm not sure if the speakers are badged Bose on the Mk3, they were when I had a Mk2 with Bose.

Bose was in the option pack on some models so it depends if it was in the spec.

Facia kits look like this, although try other ebay or Amazon sellers for better prices.

http://www.ebay.co.u...ZwAAMXQ~TtRLJcK

#127 bendiazclegg

bendiazclegg

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:32 PM

The patch lead I linked to is all you need and of course this mates up with your new radio wiring harness. If you already have an aftermarket radio fitted then it should be fitted into the dash opening with the adaptor kit. In the adaptor kit would have been fittings for single din, which I believe you have got fitted, and there will be also the kit for double din. If single din fitted then it would have had a cubby in the kit to fill the void, obviously left out if going double din.

Regards the Bose, which model Mk3 do you have? I'm not sure if the speakers are badged Bose on the Mk3, they were when I had a Mk2 with Bose.

Bose was in the option pack on some models so it depends if it was in the spec.

Facia kits look like this, although try other ebay or Amazon sellers for better prices.

http://www.ebay.co.u...ZwAAMXQ~TtRLJcK

i have a 2007 1.8i option pack (all it says on the warranty card), it came with standard cloth seats no a/c 

#128 MickAP

MickAP

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • 3339 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:18 PM

^^^ I would say then non Bose.

The option pack gave stuff like 6 speakers and SW controls, mohair hood, other stuff may be (not 100% sure). Bose could have been a spec on other models with stuff like heated leather, A/C.

#129 bendiazclegg

bendiazclegg

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

^^^ I would say then non Bose.

The option pack gave stuff like 6 speakers and SW controls, mohair hood, other stuff may be (not 100% sure). Bose could have been a spec on other models with stuff like heated leather, A/C.

yeah that sounds right as i have the mohair hood and 6 speakers. i will update once i have it all installed !

#130 easyrider

easyrider

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

How tricky are the door cards to remove?

cheers

#131 vindaloo

vindaloo

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

cheers

Good guide here

http://archive.mx-5....c/?topicId=2781

2019 RF GT Sport Nav + Snowflake/ Auburn

#132 easyrider

easyrider

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

cheers

Good guide herehttp://archive.mx-5....c/?topicId=2781

Cheers

#133 easyrider

easyrider

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

It's different for mk3.5

Cheapest place for the dynamat ?

#134 mxbug

mxbug

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

I realise that most Android users will be aware, but having just installed a Pioneer sph da120 appradio 4, using ARU Reloaded and a microsoft display adapter v2, I have my S7 Edge mirrored to my head unit. ARU Reloded (appradio unchained app) is the newer rootless version of the app. A little fiddly to get it right but now sets itself up when HU is enabled. 

Just thought I would throw that in..

#135 Hugh Brock

Hugh Brock

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 05:11 PM

Posted this in my build thread but figured its worth posting here to....this may be useful for anyone tinkering...wiring pin outs for Bose cars (top connector) and non-Bose (bottom connector):

Thanks.   That's slightly different from the Mk3.5 radio wiring. 

The main interface looks similar:

mk35_bose_wiring_zps0cbd3042.png

But the second connector (the Modular Interface) only connects to the hands-free unit and the AUX cable, in the Mk3.5.  Here it is:

mk35_bose_connector2_zps4f8d1c8a.png

There's mention of the AudioPilot changing between Mk3 & Mk3.5, so your diagram doesn't give definitive answers.

Hi, is the trigger wire still 1J that I should connect to. I am all wired up, but do not have sound? I have a 3.5 with a Bose 

#136 dadbif

dadbif

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:25 AM

I realise that most Android users will be aware, but having just installed a Pioneer sph da120 appradio 4, using ARU Reloaded and a microsoft display adapter v2, I have my S7 Edge mirrored to my head unit. ARU Reloded (appradio unchained app) is the newer rootless version of the app. A little fiddly to get it right but now sets itself up when HU is enabled.

Just thought I would throw that in..

Impressive, but does the car go any faster or corner better?

#137 Daveya.

Daveya.

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 08:58 AM

Has anyone got any experience of the bolt on Alpine dab and phone thing?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users