Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

Ford Wheels On Mx5?

8K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Mazdabeat 
#1 ·
Out driving the other day and i saw a mk1 wearing ford fiesta zetec s alloys and it looked really good. Has anyone on here fitted ford wheels on there car and do they fit ok?

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Basically the holes in the Ford wheels would be in the wrong place for an MX5 hub, so you physically can't fit them ... so one of a few things has happened:

1 - The wheels were not Ford wheels, they just looked similar

2 - The MX5 had some PCD adaptors fitted - basically a spacer that bolts onto the MX5 hub and has Ford spaced bolts set into it... about £150 for a set of 4?

3 - The MX5 was one of a few MX5s that have been fitted with Ford running gear... one I know of has a Cosworth engine and 4 wheel drive

4 - The MX5 has had the hubs redrilled

So it can be done, but I'd ask the question why bother!! If you are going to change the PCD then I'd change to 4 x 114.3 which opens up a huge range of wheels...

Russell.

#8 ·
Basically the holes in the Ford wheels would be in the wrong place for an MX5 hub, so you physically can't fit them ... so one of a few things has happened:

1 - The wheels were not Ford wheels, they just looked similar

2 - The MX5 had some PCD adaptors fitted - basically a spacer that bolts onto the MX5 hub and has Ford spaced bolts set into it... about ?150 for a set of 4?

3 - The MX5 was one of a few MX5s that have been fitted with Ford running gear... one I know of has a Cosworth engine and 4 wheel drive

4 - The MX5 has had the hubs redrilled

So it can be done, but I'd ask the question why bother!! If you are going to change the PCD then I'd change to 4 x 114.3 which opens up a huge range of wheels...

Russell.
Mk 1 with Cossie power - sounds interesting...

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
pcd = pitch circle diameter

the ford is 4x108 (4 studs 108mm from each stud )

the mx5 is 4x100 (4 studs 100mm from each stud )

so if you try and put ford wheels on a mx5 the stud will be 8mm out of centre so they will not fit , or if you do manage to get them on the nuts will not sit even in the lug

#11 ·
That Cossie MX-5 is filth. Utter utter filth. Except the front bumper. That's shit.

I'd rather fit wheels using nothing more than hope and prayer than something as gash as wobbly bolts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.