MX5Nutz ShopDriftworks.comSportDriveGSM PerformanceArdler AutomotiveJJC Race and RallyJap StyleJass PerformanceAbsolutely ShocksAdvertise on MX5NutzRacing Beat EuropeMazda on TrackSky InsuranceMX5 PartsAK AutomotiveRoddisons MotorsportOpie Oils

These ads only show for users who are not registered or logged in

Photo

Doms Road Trip

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MX5_DOM

MX5_DOM

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

As per DavesBRG5's suggestion, here is my report of my recent road trip from my Members Car's topic, which can be seen here if your interested ;)

One of the many reasons I bought the MX5 was to drive it down to the south of France. :driving:

A couple of weeks ago, I got the opportunity to with a friend of mine, also named Dom! B)

The car impressed me even further in that it handled the 1,836 mile journey with ease. :goodjob:

Now, time to let the photos do the talking. Sadly, they are all from my phone so the quality isn't all that great but you get the idea.

We left the house at 6:30 am making our way down to Folkestone.

Posted Image

The interior for the journey. Sat nav plugged in, ipod playing in the glovebox and all ready to hit the French motorways.

Posted Image

After a smooth crossing we arrived in Calais at 9 am (french time)

Posted Image

The journey down was uneventful apart from a diversion through Paris due to a road closure but we made good time.

This photo was of our 3rd stop to have some dinner at 6 pm.

Posted Image

A quick stop and photo of the fantasticly smooth mountainous roads at 8 pm.

Posted Image

A short time later, we arrived at the Mas Jubilee villa, where we were staying for the week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

While we were there we did a number of things. As well as spending time with the 19 family members who had all arrived from distant points round the globe, we explored the nearby towns, went go karting on the fantastic Als track in 80 mph go karts, relaxed on the sandy beaches and went out for random drives!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Dad, Dom and I had a few sessions in the music room having a jam and were then asked to perform in front of a whole bunch of random French people that my Auntie and Uncle knew, as well as the family! :lol:

Posted Image

We pulled it off :)

One of the random drives led us on a tour of Monaco and the south east coast of France.

We arrived in Monaco within 3 hours from the villa. This was my second trip to Monaco. It was Dom's first, so I did a few laps of the F1 circuit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sadly, didn't get the opportunity to stop and get a photo of the MX5 in Monaco but I was able to get a few of it in the next town ze.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Random photo of an abnormal load on the way back to the villa.

Posted Image

Alas, a week had gone by and it was time to leave. :(

We loaded our stuff into the boot.

Posted Image

All in!

Posted Image

Said our goodbyes and headed off back for England! (leaving at 8 am)

Quick photo of the interior, everything one needs.

Posted Image

Another faultless journey, not much traffic and fantastic roads. I have to say, I much prefer driving on French motorways to the ones in Great Britain! If there are roadworks, they consist of a stretch of road with people actually working on the road! - And the speedlimit is dropped down from 80 mph to 70 mph. All the speed cameras are sign posted and you have plenty of warning, as to where they are and when they come up.

A quick stop for something to eat at 2 pm.

Posted Image

We arrived at Calais at 6 pm and boarded the next train.

Posted Image

As you can see, I collected quite a variety of insects during the course of the trip!

Posted Image

We arrived back on UK soil at 6:30 pm (english time) and were greeted with dark, gloomy, depressing clouds and cold temperatures, so we put the roof up! <_<

I had a fantastic time, the weather was perfect. Beautiful hot sunshine meant we had the roof down at every opportunity. I might look at organising an MX5 road trip down to France, as there is plenty of accommation and secure parking at the villa and so many great roads to go out for drives on. B)

My black 2003 Mk2.5 Mazda MX5 SV-T Sport has been carefully dismantled for spare parts and verified by Chris at Kent MX5 Services.

Click --> here for details, the link includes prices and photographs of various items currently available, located in Kent - ME13.

#2 COLINK@JDMPASSION

COLINK@JDMPASSION

Spends way too much time on Nutz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6330 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

great write up and great pictures
WWW.JDMPASSION.COM The home of JDM ness

#3 DavesBRG5

DavesBRG5

Spends way too much time on Nutz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8884 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

BTW your on the wrong side of t`road lad -_-

Posted Image

I had a fantastic time, the weather was perfect. Beautiful hot sunshine meant we had the roof down at every opportunity. I might look at organising an MX5 road trip down to France, as there is plenty of accommation and secure parking at the villa and so many great roads to go out for drives on. B)

Now that would be a blast :thumb-up: Never easy to arrange time off work to suit but good luck.

great write up and great pictures

^ What Colin said

1992 ROADSTER 1.6 Tanabe Sustec suspension, Cusco bracing, Momo Prototipo steering wheel, Mike Satur TT Hoops, Jass Performance interior bling.

CHECK OUT MY RIDE

ad65.jpg

#4 MX5_DOM

MX5_DOM

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

Thanks guys :)

My black 2003 Mk2.5 Mazda MX5 SV-T Sport has been carefully dismantled for spare parts and verified by Chris at Kent MX5 Services.

Click --> here for details, the link includes prices and photographs of various items currently available, located in Kent - ME13.

#5 Petrolhead UK

Petrolhead UK

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

Thanks for taking the time to do this write up with the pictures, I know it's a pain to do, but much appreciated :goodjob:

#6 MX5_DOM

MX5_DOM

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:07 PM

Thank you. :) I appreciate the responces and glad people enjoy(ed) the write up. :thumb-up:

#7 dave_c

dave_c

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

Loved my road trip to France, albeit in a 106 Gti, would love to take the 5!
1.8 Begi Turbo - 246 BHP at the wheels. Sold

#8 Revo

Revo

Getting there

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

That looks awesome :)

I really wanna do a euro trip now :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users