AK AutomotiveRoddisons MotorsportOpie OilsMX5Nutz ShopDriftworks.comSportDriveGSM PerformanceArdler AutomotiveJJC Race and RallyJap StyleJass PerformanceAbsolutely ShocksRomford MazdaAdvertise on MX5NutzRacing Beat EuropeMazda on TrackSky InsuranceMX5 Parts

These ads only show for users who are not registered or logged in

Photo

Fuel Filler Non-Return Valve Thingy?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BCA

BCA

Ferris Bueller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

Pretty much as title, does anyone have a how to/guide for changing hte fuel filler non return valve? Just back from America and instantly irritated by filling the thing up... I've barely driven my car, so god knows how most of you lot deal with it!?!

As per this link; http://www.miata.net...sb/sb007_99.pdf - it is a known issue and there is a solution, the part number is listed as; GE4T 42 270

I know someone on Pistonheads has had this fitted, but I dont know the costs involved for it/ I'd like to know if it was something I could easily do myself.

Thanks in advance,
Ben CA

#2 BCA

BCA

Ferris Bueller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

No one has done this then???

#3 AndyMk2

AndyMk2

100% Nutz

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,382 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

It annoyed me as well, you can swap the filler neck for one from a later model and it should be fine.

Read about Mk3 stuff...
qxq4o4.png

#4 JQ.

JQ.

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

It was me who got it sorted on Pistonheads. The part will cost circa 15 from Autolink - it's just a plastic valve, you don't need to replace the whole pipe.

Unfortunately, I did'nt replace it myself, I got Mazda Mender to do it while he was doing various other things on the car. He's on here, and no doubt if you pm him he'll let you know how to do it.

It was by far the best mod I've ever done to the car, I cannot describe how pleasureable my first trip to a petrol station was afterwards, sheer bliss.

#5 Daves

Daves

Made a start

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

I've had the same problem with filling with petrol. Bought a new filter from local mazda dealer (12 or so) and Paul Sheard, Congleton fitted for cost of half an hours labour.

Cured the problem thank god. Used to get quite cold waiting for it to fill in winter !!

#6 BCA

BCA

Ferris Bueller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

Update, bought the part from Autolink - actually bought the whole bloody filler neck! - 15 all in or something like that... followed mazdamenders guide on PH;

Open fuel filler, remove fuel cap, undo four surrounding bolts.

Open boot, unclip boot carpet bit, remove sheild by the fuel filler.

loosen clips,slide off fuel pipes and remove the fuel filler neck.

Reverse the lot for fitting.

Result - it f'kin works, it took ten mins and cost me 15quid. Bloody ace - thanks to Mazda mender again. Very very glad I did it. Its quicker to fit than it used to be to fill up. :D

#7 AndyMk2

AndyMk2

100% Nutz

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,382 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:28 PM

Everyone with that era car should do this if not already been done :thumb-up:

Read about Mk3 stuff...
qxq4o4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users