These ads only show for users who are not registered or logged in

Photo

Insurance Companies Are Cheats And Manipulators...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NickCann

NickCann

Got an invite, perchance? Heheheh!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

OOOOPS!! Well, they ARE, but I didn't mean to post that here...??? Ah well...my laptop has been getting a bit mixed up lately :D :D

AKA Tosh :D!!

#2 NickCann

NickCann

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Can the Mods delete this thread please? Sorry!

#3 Mr Miata

Mr Miata

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

You only just realised this!?!?
Simon.

Prestige Garage Doors www.prestigegaragedoors.co.uk

We're a small family run company offering excellent products and service with a genuine 10% discount for Nutz members!

#4 robinm

robinm

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

It's true though.. I have 29 YEARS no claims, the most I can get anywhere is 9.. Hardly fair as for over twenty years I've subsidised all the twats who can't even park let alone drive without crashing into something..

#5 NickCann

NickCann

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

Well, the original post I made was on another Fórum, and got posted here by mistake :) And then I discovered it hadn't been posted on the other Fórum either...so I repeat it from memory AFAIC :)

I noticed in the other sticky about Insurances that people think it has become cheaper lately, Maybe it has..when they give you your quote. But the Insurance Companies have found a 100% risk-free (to them only :( ) way of making a mint. Want to ask a question? Try looking for a normal landline number, or email address...you won't find one!!! Because they use Premium rate phone numbers for us to contact them. I made a call to my Insurance Co., because I had cancelled the policy some 7 months before it expired , when I sold the car. They still took the premiums today...and won't pay it back when I told them I CANCELLED IT LAST FEBRUARY!!! So I called them...and sat and listened to automated voices telling me things I didn't WANT, or NEED to know, before I finally got some grouchy old female to talk to me. She explained that although I had cancelled verbally, they needed it in writing, before they could cancel it. I then asked why they hadn't sent me a renewal reminder...and she said they DID...in JULY?? They didn't, anyway...another lie. SO now I have an insurance policy on a car I  no longer own, and am 163:45 euros out of pocket...or at least, I THOUGHT I was..it was a high Premium number I had called, and for that one call, where I was kept waiting for 5 minutes at least (DELIBERATE, I am positive...GRRR...), and finally spoke to a HUMAN (almost :D ;D ) for less than 3 minutes...cost ME 15,75 euros. Multiply that,( less Telecom's cut of around 1 euro 50 cents) by say, 25,000 a month...a nice cool 1/4 million a month coming in , risk free to them.

DON'T pay by direct debit...make them ASK you for the renewal money, not just simply take it from your Bank Acount without so much as a 'by your leave...'...because they are VERY reluctant to give it BACK.

Now, this is in Spain...maybe it is different in the UK...but just MAKE SURE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users