Jap StyleJass PerformanceAbsolutely ShocksRomford MazdaAdvertise on MX5NutzRacing Beat EuropeMazda on TrackSky InsuranceMX5 PartsAK AutomotiveRoddisons MotorsportOpie OilsMX5Nutz ShopDriftworks.comSportDriveGSM PerformanceArdler AutomotiveJJC Race and Rally

These ads only show for users who are not registered or logged in

Photo

Insurance Companies Are Cheats And Manipulators...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Cann

Nick Cann

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

OOOOPS!! Well, they ARE, but I didn't mean to post that here...??? Ah well...my laptop has been getting a bit mixed up lately :D :D

#2 Nick Cann

Nick Cann

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Can the Mods delete this thread please? Sorry!

#3 Mr Miata

Mr Miata

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

You only just realised this!?!?
Simon.

Prestige Garage Doors www.prestigegaragedoors.co.uk

We're a small family run company offering excellent products and service with a genuine 10% discount for Nutz members!

#4 robinm

robinm

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

It's true though.. I have 29 YEARS no claims, the most I can get anywhere is 9.. Hardly fair as for over twenty years I've subsidised all the twats who can't even park let alone drive without crashing into something..

#5 Nick Cann

Nick Cann

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

Well, the original post I made was on another Fórum, and got posted here by mistake :) And then I discovered it hadn't been posted on the other Fórum either...so I repeat it from memory AFAIC :)

I noticed in the other sticky about Insurances that people think it has become cheaper lately, Maybe it has..when they give you your quote. But the Insurance Companies have found a 100% risk-free (to them only :( ) way of making a mint. Want to ask a question? Try looking for a normal landline number, or email address...you won't find one!!! Because they use Premium rate phone numbers for us to contact them. I made a call to my Insurance Co., because I had cancelled the policy some 7 months before it expired , when I sold the car. They still took the premiums today...and won't pay it back when I told them I CANCELLED IT LAST FEBRUARY!!! So I called them...and sat and listened to automated voices telling me things I didn't WANT, or NEED to know, before I finally got some grouchy old female to talk to me. She explained that although I had cancelled verbally, they needed it in writing, before they could cancel it. I then asked why they hadn't sent me a renewal reminder...and she said they DID...in JULY?? They didn't, anyway...another lie. SO now I have an insurance policy on a car I  no longer own, and am 163:45 euros out of pocket...or at least, I THOUGHT I was..it was a high Premium number I had called, and for that one call, where I was kept waiting for 5 minutes at least (DELIBERATE, I am positive...GRRR...), and finally spoke to a HUMAN (almost :D ;D ) for less than 3 minutes...cost ME 15,75 euros. Multiply that,( less Telecom's cut of around 1 euro 50 cents) by say, 25,000 a month...a nice cool 1/4 million a month coming in , risk free to them.

DON'T pay by direct debit...make them ASK you for the renewal money, not just simply take it from your Bank Acount without so much as a 'by your leave...'...because they are VERY reluctant to give it BACK.

Now, this is in Spain...maybe it is different in the UK...but just MAKE SURE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users