Advertise on MX5NutzRacing Beat EuropeMazda on TrackSky InsuranceMX5 PartsAK AutomotiveRoddisons MotorsportOpie OilsMX5Nutz ShopDriftworks.comSportDriveGSM PerformanceArdler AutomotiveJJC Race and RallyJap StyleJass PerformanceAbsolutely Shocks

These ads only show for users who are not registered or logged in

Photo

Shiny Shiny!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Karl2294

Karl2294

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

I name him... Jet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
The task of being awesome is a lot harder than being average and that's why so many people fall short. Don't settle for less. Be Awesome Or Be Forgotten!

#2 CarbonMiata

CarbonMiata

CarbonMaster

• Registered Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1939 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

It is shiny!!! Looks mint!!!  :thumb-up:

Any plans to modify it?

Red Miata Mk1 1.6

White Miata Mk2 1.8
633197logo1.png
** Interested in Carbon bits for MX-5 Mk1/Mk2? info@carbonmiata.com **
********Dedicated topic on the forum: Carbon Bits for Mx-5 Mk1/NA********

****************Like us on facebook! CarbonMiata on facebook**************

#3 Karl2294

Karl2294

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Yes, yes and YES! :D

Big plans for this little car, just working on making sure everything is running 100% first (Got a small problem with fuel mixture and idling) but after I done that I got lots and lots to do!

Looking at getting a set of Rota Grid/Drift soon, top-speed pro-1 exhaust from the US, going to modify the airbox intake to run a cold feed into the box instead of buying a new system, looking at getting new seats also.. not fussy on seats, just want something that'll hold me better. Also looking for a proper roll bar for the back (which are actually really expensive :rant: ) and may possibly look at coilovers. Also between then I'll be tinkering with and thinking of LOTS of new things.

For this year I plan to do these little things to the car but by next year I'll be going down the turbo route :driving:

Any ideas you think would be good mods?

The task of being awesome is a lot harder than being average and that's why so many people fall short. Don't settle for less. Be Awesome Or Be Forgotten!

#4 burton91

burton91

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Brake stopper bracket from Jass performance is a cheap mod, and it makes a massive improvement!

1991 1.6 Mazda Mx5 - Ducati Red!
Current Spec: CarbonMiata CF Headlight Covers, CDF vernier cam wheels, Pipercross induction kit, Front & Rear IL motorsport lower braces, TR Lane TD rollbar, IL motorsport suspension bushes, KYB Excel-G shocks, 30/35mm lowering springs, Polybush ARB's - ARBlinks - diff bushes & P/S rack bushes, 4-1 Stainless steel exhaust manifold, custom de-cat with a Cobalt catback, HEL Performance braided brake hoses & clutch hose, ARC magic chamber, Gotta dash fascia &  RevLimiter custom Warbirds, Sportdrive Chassis Frame Rails, Jass Performance low pro's & Brake stopper bracket

My Mx5 build...! So far...!
Nutz thread!
Photobucket!

#5 jaysimp93

jaysimp93

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

its like mine but rust free! makes me a little sad!

#6 Karl2294

Karl2294

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Ah there's a slight bubble on the front right wing, a tiny bit on the arches and some around suspension components.. But for 18, it's really good!

#7 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

very nice

gotta love a black mk1 :)

my TVR Blog can be found here- http://24valvetvr.blogspot.co.uk/

#8 Karl2294

Karl2294

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Wow it's been a long time since I posted this!

I want to be able to keep a log up-to-date of what I've been doing or plan to do :)

Little history between then and now;

- Failed MOT (Basically due to exhaust blowing and ball joint)
- Fixed him and flew through MOT
- Steering rack needed replaced (Pocket said "ouch")
- Replaced oem 14" wheels with 15" wedssport's and gave them a nice refurb
- Fitted K&N cone filter
- Chucked the spare wheel for a can of foam
- Replaced TB to try and chase down idle issue (didn't work)
- Replaced Water Temp Sensor to try to fix starting issue when warm (didn't work)
- Fitted new Momo steering wheel
- Fitted drift button
- Fitted a Sparco racing seat
- Fitted de-cat
- Got a custom cat-back built by ProSpeedexhausts in Cardiff
- Undersealed for winter myself with a can (which worked wonders)

...and probably a load of other shit I cannot remember.. :lol:

Now the car was up with the boys in Blendini again today getting a rear bearing done and me and Tom were having a good chat about where to go next with the car.. There was a lot on the horizon, but I think I know where I'm going next.

The engine is causing me shit at the moment with this irritating idle droop and non-starting only when warm. I'm determined to get to the bottom of it so that's the top of my list.

After that, It's HOBO TURBO PROJECT. :D

Basically going to run a td04 or alike completely mechanical, that's right.. NO expensive ECU. May seem stupid to some but it's simple, cheap and reliability isn't an issue as an engine change is always the plan. So my thought is.. Set it up on my low comp 1.6, if it runs GREAT, if it goes BANG.. Then new engine time and swap the kit over. I'm not giving up on this little lump yet. Very stubborn, but it's my personal angle and I've always been one for not following the crowd :)

Anyway, all being well, I should hunt down this issue with the idle and what seems like flooding or a lack of spark when warm. Then I can get cracking on the turbo :dance:

Shopping list at the moment includes; turbo, oil return lines, mech boost controller, uprated fuel pump, small-ish intercooler, bigger injectors, guage etc., and the mani and downpipe will be custom made at Prospeed :)

Also other stuff in my sight.. Gaz coilovers, rollbar, bodywork.. Plenty to most likely prolong this project much longer ;)

Now time to keep this up-top-date!

Pics to follow btw :thumb-up2:

#9 Hammy

Hammy

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

You have been busy.... looking forward to pics and progress :popcorn:

#10 Karl2294

Karl2294

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

Interior; 94268C37-E326-46DE-BCE8-4300B71BBBC0_zps

Alloy refurb before and after; DD4DE4B5-102D-488E-B6C0-1D86BDD2FE72_zps

New exhaust being fitted; BDD0A358-70A0-4C8C-8414-AF48B737ABF4_zps
C2FE4A86-DE32-4E07-BE31-48552ED01A39_zps

Sparco; BC95E9F0-7B66-4EA2-B005-E1442E9CAAA2_zps

Filter & bay; 470B5F32-BA76-4BC2-B443-D68CD34F7D21_zps

Few other random pics :) F85AF44E-BB26-459A-8F9B-A1B6044F2935_zps
032F6080-1B34-4713-BFF2-4084A099A04E_zps
EE01846A-3155-48F7-8538-E9936C3F03FC_zps

#11 minimatjr

minimatjr

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

The idle issue... have you reset the base idle speed? That might be what is causing you the grief. 

Start car.. Wait till warm

Join GRD and ten on the diagnostics box with a paper clip while car is running.. This will bypass the ECU (VERY IMPORTANT!)

image005.jpg

put a flathead onto the idle adjustment screw

image002.jpg

and adjust until revs are at 950ish and remove paper clip. Listen to see if revs change. If revs change, put paperclip back and adjust accordingly using same method above until mechanical idle and ECU idle match..

Hope that sorts your idle issue. 

a886d594-650a-4400-8fd0-3249ce8d4168_zps

1990 1.6 UK Mx5 mk1   :cry:
1990 1.6 Jap Eunos mk1  :wub: Breaking..

Racing Beat type 2 front + rear bumper - Modified AFM - DIY Power Pulse cold air intake - Driftworks 56mm alloy Radiator - Front and rear 1.8 brake upgrade - Yellowstuff pads - braided brake lines - Jackson Racing red HT leads - MAZDASPEED green adjustable shocks - MAZDASPEED strut brace - MAZDASPEED anti-sway bars - 421 stainless Jasma manifold - 2.25" decat - Mx5parts Stainless dual exit exhaust - LSD - Wolfrace 15" Sprint Pro wheels - Toyo Proxes TR-1 tires - Skuzzle TSI's without lights - DIY vented headlight lid - Brake stopper - MrFast front under brace - rear lower subframe brace - K&N panel filter - Snap off boss - mk2 windblocker with speakers - mk2 Mohair roof w/ rear heated screen - smoked lights - A/C deleted

#12 Karl2294

Karl2294

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:40 AM

Yeah tried that mate, still no luck :(

I even set the base idle higher than normal but still it dips. I think the TB I replaced was as faulty as the one before.

#13 Karl2294

Karl2294

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

Trying now to weigh up buying a cheapy turbo mani and getting a turbo to fit the flange and be in a decent position then only get the downpipe custom made.. OR, get both custom fitted. But, that's more ££££.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users