#1 ·
Target 250-260bhp 200-210 ft/lbs 12psi boost, on a bored out 1.6

See less See more
#4 ·
yep- your right

but i got the 1.6 here and i just fancy doin it this way
- be interesting to say the least

#6 ·
depends on how long it takes to source the uprated parts, already got my H beam 4340 forged rods, looking out for forged pistons- so i can get them /block over to the engineering shop.
Maybe done by autumn.

#9 ·
cheap as posss- by doing as much as i can me-self , and sourcing all the "bits" in the states,- got rods for ?125

#12 ·
most of the bits are from USA ebay/forums or buddies over there.

#13 ·
bit more displacement, slightly more aggresive cam, higher rev limit, and PnP d/gas flowed head, get rid of AFM and run MS.

#17 ·
Currently running the 9;1 comp ration pistons which are good for keeping det at bay- but i,m "swithering" on whether to go for 9.4;1 ,s or even 10;1,s , as i,m fairly confident of being able to supply a pretty cool charge.?

#19 ·
Looking good mate.

So what you doing fer FI?
From what i've seen the M45 get much more than 200bhp will it?

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Was looking at some porting Gary/TDR had done to a M45- produced an extra 1psi of boost, also thought about being able to modify a jackson bracket/make a new hanging bracket to accept a M62.
Showed one of the guys in our machine shop a couple of inlet manifolds 1.8/1.6 with the view to using the larger 1.8 throttle body.

#21 ·
What length rods are they? You going for an even shorter stroke?

Loving the idea behind this project Andy - you are a law unto yourself!

#25 ·

Now THAT is interesting, i'd be well chuffed if you could let me know what happens with the SC porting guy.
Theres a bloke over here had a MP62 ported, it's sitting in his garage stripped, won't flog it me though

Cheers
Mark

#26 ·

#29 ·
Garage!- thats me kitchen

#28 ·
Foooooooooooookin great

That a new engine stand?

Looks like your sorted mate, great work space and all the tools.

Gotta say i recon it's fantastic when you've stripped an engine done to it's smallest parts

#30 ·
That a new engine stand?
Aye - got it off ebay- makes life a lot easier

just found an engine machine shop who can bore out me block- 2 mins round the corner

#31 ·
Nice project mate, will be interested in the results, esp if you keep the M45. Are you going to do it in stages to see how much each bit makes or just do your best with the whole package and see what it gives?

#33 ·
I removed the oil pump cos yes i,ll be fitting billet gears-

actually its a complete new unit with the gears already fitted.
Apparently good for 9000rpm

#38 ·
I was astounded by how thin the block was between cylinders when I had the head off. Theyre just going to 'flop' when you boot it surely

#40 ·
#41 ·
#43 ·
who,s he

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.