Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

03 Splash Green Nb 2.5

8K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Infamous 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Last week I bought my first MX5.
Its a low mileage 03 MK2.5 Sport model with 1.8L engine, splash green paint with factory hard top and all the extras.
I have to say its the best handling car I've ever driven, its so nimble and responsive and the ride is really smooth. I literally had the best fun ever driving it.
Here is a pic of the car when I got it

Future plans...
jdm plate & side bracket
Lows
Wheels

Front lip/bodykit
Not a definite yet but I've also been reading up on forced induction in these cars. (advice and tips are welcome)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Took the car out for MOT yesterday and she passed with flying colours, no advisories.

I also ordered a jdm number plate relocation bracket and fitted it today. IMO it looks much better without the big ugly black plastic UK surround that was there before as it shows off the cars curves more. However now I have two holes where the surround used to be, I will get this sorted in due course though. Kind of looks like 2 eyes and a mouth

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks guys & gals

Been looking at a couple of different sets of wheels over the past few days so hopefully I'll have a set soon

Not sure I'll want to fit them without coilovers or lowering springs, coilovers are sooo effin expensive though! :| ( btw now accepting donations for the coilover fund
)

On a side note, came out of uni today and mk3 was parked beside me.
Took a pic for a side by side comparison...

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well I took two deliveries this week

Coilovers with free Haribo... Winning!

And my rims (they kind of look kerbed in that photo, they're not, just dust from delivery)

Can't wait to get these fitted now, finished fiting the coilovers tonight what a PITA that was!
I've lost my knuckles and the will to live but they're finally fitted!

Also noticed that my oem wheel nuts are too wide so waiting on some tuner nuts before I fit my new wheels.

#12 ·
Ordered an OEM front lip from the states, same as this one...

[background=rgb(252, 252, 255)]I wanted a gv lip but they are so hard to get for the 2.5, seen a few for sale for pre face lift but none for facelift and I don't fancy paying the yen price plus import tax.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 255)]Hopefully its here in a few weeks
[/background]

#20 ·
I just went with rokkors as thats all my budget allows for atm, supposed to be saving for a house... lawl!
So far they've been alright, I'd normally go with teins or other japanese manufacturers but for the money I spent on these I can't complain too much. If you have them wound all the way down they are quite bouncy, if you have them wound up its firm enough.
I may upgrade at some stage but happy enough for now, I tend to change cars often enough so who knows how long I'll have this.

#22 ·
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]Last night I took off my standard sport backbox and swapped it for my new stainless number.[/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]Here's a side by side for comparison...[/background]

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]I also did a quick test fit of my front airdam, its a genuine Mazda part so I knew fitment wouldn't be an issue, just wanted to see what it was like on
[/background]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.