Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

Phils Black Nc

36K views 174 replies 63 participants last post by  PGD 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here's a few shots of my new motor

Its a 2.0l Sport model, with a collection of subtle mods :)

8071913835_8627ce3de2_c.jpg
My Black NC MX5 by PGDesigns.co.uk, on Flickr

8077788804_15d41d2c46_c.jpg
My NC MX5 by PGDesigns.co.uk, on Flickr

8077787442_06a3da6bca_c.jpg
My NC MX5 - Details by PGDesigns.co.uk, on Flickr

Coilovers were first in the line of mods, for me this was mainly to sort out silly factory the ride height. MeisterR's, corner weighting and Geo were all done at Roddisons - so far they have been great :)

The headlights then came out, and were stuck in the oven!

IMG_0384-small.jpg

With the glue warm the lens of the light can be prized away fairly easily, this allowed me to remove the amber lens covering the indicator, and paint the Silver parts Anthrecite

Before & After
IMG_0381-small.jpg

PainterDave has painted a chunk of the car to both refresh it, and smooth out the number plate holes from the bumper. Dave's also painted the wheels Anthrecite, as well as the silver roll hoop covers. The chrome filler cap was swapped for a black version, and the hard top fixing plates are done black too. Badges all satin black

Rear lights were Red tinted with Lamin-X

And thats about it I think :)

8522759356_103b298093_b.jpg
Morning Glory by PGDesigns.co.uk, on Flickr

Whatcha recon?

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice, subtley agressive

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Looks fantastic. Quite popular to tint the lights red. Not my cuppa tea but still works well. As facebook, love the wheels!

I spotted one of those windblockers somewhere. Not sure whether it was 5 parts or the bay. Does it fold down like the original one? I like the idea of having a higher one but I would want it to fold down so I can easily move around the softtop.

#6 ·
The Lamin-X wasn't cut to size, so I had plenty to trim round the edges. I just went for the size which would cover the light 18x8 I think.. I've trimmed mine round the black lip of the light, so not right the the edge - have you?

The miesters are good yes. The transformation in the ride height is superb. I don't think they handle regualr road bumps quite as well as the Billies though, which were bloody good imo. Close, but not quite

The wind deflector doesn't move no Jon. It does work very well though! I've never considered fitting one before but as the car came with this one, and it working so well - its staying! Why do you want to drop it down?

#9 ·
Just easier access to pull the roof up. Although thinking about it I'm sure I go straight behind my head to pull it over. One thing I love about the mk3. I can remove and put up the roof from my seat easily. Another thing. I sometimes don't bother putting it up as I like been blown around on occasion when I'm letting off steam lol.

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Looking good mate, i'll keep an eye out for this when i'm that way.

Are you putting a small sticker number plate on the front again?

#27 ·
Beautiful photos of a beautiful car

#28 ·
Been away a while Phil, been busy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.