21 replies to this topic

#21 bettabuilda

bettabuilda

Spends way too much time on Nutz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

Also, working in the haulage industry, a driverless truck would have great diffculty dealing with the jobsworth in the security booth.

And who's going to murder prostitutes?

Will we see a reduction in the number of bottles of "Lucozade" on the roadside verges?
Bernard

Probably :) but we may see an increase in light machine oil or electrical contact cleaner containers?

Barrie
MK3 in TRUE RED 1.8 roadster + option pack
MK1 Classic red 1.6 Eunos standard trim nothing to report! :) now gone!
2nd place at MX5 OC Spring Rally in modified MK1 section 1.6 Mk1 Eunos 1991 JRSC in classic red. Now gone!

#22 jfp

jfp

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

Different types of autonomy get different classifications: https://en.wikipedia...#Classification

Lots of cars now do Level 1 stuff like parking assist or adaptive cruise control and something like a Tesla would be classed as Level 2. I'm very cautious about tech which ends up leaving the human responsible for whatever happens while allowing them to direct their attention elsewhere. Basically I'm not interested in a self-driving car until they reach Level 5 and I can legally get into it drunk and say 'take me home'. That's when it gets useful.

Assuming your can actually get those words out when drunk

TBH I assume you could put the car into autopilot and then jump into a passenger seat... would then be very hard to prove who the "driver" is/was in case of any law breaking behaviour whilst in auto pilot mode

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users