#2581 billy big skid

billy big skid

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:53 PM

Howdo.

I am the owner of a 1990 Eunos. I swapped it for 200 quid's worth of rotten Shogun.

Little did i know the Mazda was just as rotten. Doh!

Luckily, being a classic Mini owner as well, i'm used to sorting out rotten cars. The seat belt mounts are bad and both sills need replacing.

I do like it though, cracking little motor that's great to drive and a lot comfier than the Mini.

#2582 Erric

Erric

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

Hello, I'm Eric from York, got my first MX5, a  Mk3, Icon metallic blue 3 weeks ago, love it  :yes: , totally different from my MGTF. 

Hope to get lots of info in the future.

#2583 kevtherev

kevtherev

Made a start

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:50 PM

Hi there

This is our first Mazda
We have aquired a '98 Eunos 1.8 in silver
Bought it for £600 in a cosmetically neglected state, but the mechanicals are in good order.

Next year we're embarking on a renovation and refurbishing journey.
The car belongs to my son who's 21 and it's his first car.
Fingers crossed eh?

cheers all
Kev

#2584 Squidly

Squidly

One post wonder

• New Members +
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:27 AM

Hi! My name's Tom and I recently acquired a 2001 mk2.5 s-vt with hardtop. Been hankering for an mx5 for ages having started out driving with a classic mini and not having had anything anywhere near as fun to drive since. The mx has got me excited to go for drives again!

Only snag is I live in London so have to drive for at least 40 mins before reaching anything resembling a decent road.

I've also spotted a 2nd hand dual exhaust in the classifieds but can't reply to the ad as I think I'm too much of a newbie. Can anyone help??? I want to snag it before someone else does!!

Thanks!

Tom

#2585 scriv999

scriv999

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:30 AM

Hi All, 

I've been a member for around 6 months and have only posted a few things but am unable to reply to anything on the For Sale Ads section. Anyone know if this is a newbie thing? And if so, how many posts do I need to have to have done before being able to post?

It seems very odd that I'm able to PM any of the people posting the ads (which I have done, and have happily bought a few bits so far) and can reply to other areas of the forum, just not the For Sale Ad section?

Oh, and P.S I have a 2002 1.8 NB that I bought in August and am in the process of turbo'ing. Finally picked up my last piece of the puzzle yesterday (turbo manifold) so let the spannering begin!!

Neil

#2586 scriv999

scriv999

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:31 AM

Hi! My name's Tom and I recently acquired a 2001 mk2.5 s-vt with hardtop. Been hankering for an mx5 for ages having started out driving with a classic mini and not having had anything anywhere near as fun to drive since. The mx has got me excited to go for drives again!

Only snag is I live in London so have to drive for at least 40 mins before reaching anything resembling a decent road.

I've also spotted a 2nd hand dual exhaust in the classifieds but can't reply to the ad as I think I'm too much of a newbie. Can anyone help??? I want to snag it before someone else does!!

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom,

I have the same problem but get round it by just sending the seller a personal message.

Neil

#2587 New Duke

New Duke

Made a start

• New Members +
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:23 AM

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom,

I have the same problem but get round it by just sending the seller a personal message.

Neil

At least you can PM as a 'New Member'. My problem was the other way round. I wanted to place an ad for my NB Sport last week. Been around a few years but only posted a few times so am still 'new' and can't place ads. Emailed the site admin (not an awesome mod) and was told the only solution was to post more  :wallbash:

So the moral seems; be as chatty as you can  :)

Hope you got the exhaust Squidly.

#2588 kashiwajames

kashiwajames

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:15 PM

Hi

My name is James, I live in Swansea and I've just got a 2006 2.0 Sport in Brilliant Black. Absolutely love it.

The car is standard in every respect right now but hope to make very basic and minor mods, cosmetic, ICE and probably a set of Eibachs (to lose that raised 4x4 look in the wheel arches! And not from an improved handling pov - the car is fantastic, anyway).

I like the idea of upping the performance but not at the expense of seriously reduced mpg. It's not that impressive as it is.

But it's hard not to press on when you've got great roads on your doorstep as we have in this area! Took it for a three hour blast last weekend around the Gower (rural peninsula next to Swansea) and it was awesome. Really off-the-scales fun.

Lots of useful information around this forum and inspirational machines.

Thanks,

James

#2589 mariahx

mariahx

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:36 PM

Hello,
Very new MX5 Eunos owner here.
Lovely car, but a couple of teething problems, mostly leaks...
I understand I need to message Halli for some magic foam?... Could someone please point me in the direction? :-)

#2590 Davey

Davey

One post wonder

• New Members +
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:06 PM

Hello!

New in Canterbury, red NA with tan soft top for now, maybe looking to buy a new one as mine is LHD :) Seen some pretty nice modded mx5s in my area, wonder if owners are posting here? 

#2591 Jimblob

Jimblob

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

New owner, 25yr old car, Cambridge based!. This lovely red mk1 very original and trying to keep it that way :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
9b8fa63443d63437a5150429b8c6f3f7.jpg

#2592 Noitz

Noitz

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

Hi everyone, I've joined this forum because I've always had an interest in open top cars and have been considering buying a used MX5, although I'm not quite sure which one yet. My previous cars include a home built Stuart Taylor Motorsport LocoBlade in 2002, a Smart Roadster in 2003, and a Mk 1 Golf Gti cabriolet in 2010. I think it's time to have another open top car so hopefully I'll glean some pertinent info within this site to help me make the right choice.

Cheers, Nigel.

#2593 Rasc

Rasc

Advanced Nutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:47 AM

To all those that post in here with a question and expect a reply then the chances are it's not gonna happen. Ever. To the rest of you, ok including you question people, welcome to Nutz. I'm never visiting this section again.

MK1 RS Ltd, Turbo, Tien Super Sport, Recaro's, BBS, 227 WHP
MK2 RS White, HKS turbo, Koni sports, Watanabe's

MK2 VS White, HKS turbo, Miester Rs, 949 ULs

#2594 craighayling

craighayling

Made a start

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

Hello everyone,

Like most (i assume correct me if im wrong) i am a classic car fan and have owned a stag and mgb in the past. I was looking foir a bit of summer fun and although ive never really even glanced at MX5's previously i started to slowly become obsessed with buying one. To cut a long story short (and several unscrupulous individuals selling rust held together with more rust) i bought a rust free (relatively) 91 eunos roadster. It is sooo much better than my old MGB that i loved and even faster than my stag which was great looking but lacked any real X factor.......see what i did there?

Anyway like most i will be slightly modding my mx5 over the years but dont want to go down the FI route as i think (only a personal opinion) that the whole point of an mx5 is the driving experience and looks. I dont need 200bhp but 150bhp would be nice so a stage 1 kit at some point will be the answer i think with the car left standard otherwise. I like original spec cars far more than boy racer mods but that just my opinion and not meant to offend anyone.

i will post some pics at some point and look forward to this summer when i get the old girl out of the garage!

#2595 Alex155

Alex155

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:15 PM

Alright ladies. New to the forum....I'm actually a forum virgin this is my first joined. 24 y.o from Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Picking up a completely standard mk2.5 in a couple weeks and looking into doing a few bits as I seem to feel the need to with any cars I've had. Last project was a vw caddy mk1 that I fully restored and made my own as it was otherwise going to get scrapped. Thinking of selling the caddy to fund turbo mx5 project if I enjoy the first couple months of it. If that's the case no doubt I'll get no end of help and advise off the forum ✌

#2596 rsrp

rsrp

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

Hi All,

New owner of a mk2 51 reg mx5 sport. A porsche guy by trade but looking forward to creating a daily sleeper of this little gem. Surprisingly fun to drive.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#2597 PJJ66

PJJ66

One post wonder

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted Today, 12:49 PM

Hi.....I'm Pete in snowy Canada.

I own a Mazda Mazdaspeed (2004) currently in storage for the winter.  We usually bring it out the beginning of April once some rain has washed the junk of the roads.  (It's never been out in a winter!)

The car is modified somewhat, mostly from Flying Miata in California.  Complete LIttle Enchilada, Wilwood Big Brake Kit.  Full roll bar...not a style bar. FM2 lowered, Advanti Storm wheels with Hancook RS3 rubber.  FM1 clutch and lightweight flywheel, custom stainless exhaust. Have added a boost controller, short shift package and shift light, oil temp gauge and A/F gauge.

Lotsa fun!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users