#1 Dazza9t9

Dazza9t9

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:43 PM

Good evening all.

I hope this is the right section, I have just started a turbo build on my mk2.5. I am also considering dropping the rear axle and some other work under the car

The car is currently up on 4 axel stands. It's solid and I am happy working underneath it. However, the stands are not the tallest, and I am certainly not the smallest of chaps
I wonder what other (safe) options I have for getting the car a little higher.

Even another 3 to 4 inches would be great. I have looked at the taller axel stands, I trust they are safe?
Is there any other options I may not know about

Thanks

#2 Dickie

Dickie

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

Hi,

I have got two sets of 4 axle stands, one standard set, OK for working on brakes. and one set of tall axle stands which are 560mm at full height.

If you get a tall set of stands you will need a decent jack to match as most will not lift this high I bought a jack that will lift up to 800mm,

This jack will not go under the car so I use a small trolley jack under the suspension then put the big one under the diff.

The big stands give plenty of height for Gearbox / Clutch changes and pretty much anything else you need to do.

Stands in picture are at 500mm with another 60mm to go

CAM00374.jpg

#3 Dickie

Dickie

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

Hi again,

Just found another pic of Big Jack in place with normal axle stands with blocks of wood on them.

For the sharp eyed the exhaust system is from a MK 2 and its under a 1994 Eunos 1800, the manifold is from a VVT engine with a modified collector ( To remove the squashed section of pipe at the join )

CAM00373.jpg

#4 Dazza9t9

Dazza9t9

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:31 PM

Thanks dickie.

That looks plenty of room. I will get on the look out for some taller axle stands

#5 monka

monka

Nutz regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

Hi again,
Just found another pic of Big Jack in place with normal axle stands with blocks of wood on them.
For the sharp eyed the exhaust system is from a MK 2 and its under a 1994 Eunos 1800, the manifold is from a VVT engine with a modified collector ( To remove the squashed section of pipe at the join )
CAM00373.jpg

Any pics of said modifications to the manifold/collector?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users